Guilded community integration

except that will never happen. no matter how hard they try to make guilded great, discord will always take over.
Nobody is going to make a guilded account just for roblox games

Discord:

• popular
  • servers for every game on roblox, plus other games on the internet [2 in 1]
  • used by 99% of gamers, youtubers, etc on the internet

Guilded:

• unpopular
  • catered to roblox

It’s easier to use discord where communities are already setup + where most gaming communities on the internet are vs 1 tiny platform where nobody is

4 Likes

Oh yeah, thanks for that! :smile: I missed that this is adding something a little more visible that you can’t do with Discord. Would be great to see this option for any of the social links!

Yes, Discord is definitely lower friction to setting up a community right now. But if Guilded continues to get better integration with Roblox that simply isn’t possible to do with Discord because Guilded is first-party, I can see a future where Guilded becomes an obvious choice for setting up Roblox communities! Right now it needs work, but that doesn’t mean that work shouldn’t be done.

The point is that they can do things with Guilded that they just can’t with Discord because they don’t own Discord, and I’d love to see them continue working on Guilded to make it better suited than Discord could ever be. It’s not there yet, but let’s let them cook :pray:

5 Likes

I could, but I don’t see a point of doing that.

Edit: Also, discord is for 13+ and social links hide for people that are 13>

3 Likes

Can we have the same fancy info embedding for discord server invites?

I would be more inclined to move to guilded, even if just partially, if there were more tools available to help me port over my existing discord presence. All of my roles and channels and configuration is a nightmare to even think about duplicating on another platform.

I wish guilded could seamlessly switch between discord and itself too, I want all of my notifications visible in one place. Even if i just mirror guilded messages into discord with links to switch to guilded from discord, this would still be a better experience than current, but afaik this is not possible.

Can we get better visibility on guilded development as well? The application hasn’t changed much for the entire time Roblox has owned it. Is it viable? Will it fail eventually in the long term due to growth pains? What is even the roadmap? I have no safety assurance and I dont want to move my community somewhere I can’t trust will be around for 10 years.

12 Likes

What does Guilded bring to the table that Discord doesn’t? I’m aware it’s been around for years now, but this is the first time I’ve seen Roblox push it more. It’s very hard to try and get individuals to move, nevermind the entire Roblox community, especially given most of us seem to perceive it as identical to Discord (or worse).

5 Likes

This seems like a good time to remind everyone that GuildedRadio exists if you want to give your Guilded community a boost. For example: Join the game with a linked Guilded account and you’ll get +100 XP! I’m working on an extensive update to make the module reach 1.0 in a few days.

4 Likes

Can we get a more noticeable button for Discord too? Nobody’s using Guilded.

7 Likes

To everyone talking about “who uses guilded”, lemme assure you all the developers who have made a significant contribution to Roblox are active there - or atleast have a known presence in a number of servers.

Let that sink in.

5 Likes

The first and main reason why I do not and will not use Guilded is that there is no translation in my language, it is difficult for me to navigate in English, and you want our community to try to figure it all out.
Second main reason: Discord, yes Guilded has interesting and different features and even the limits are luxurious, but still everyone is used to Discord and it will be very, very difficult to translate the community there.

(If there is a translation to other languages, please correct me)

5 Likes

Why is it always that corporate companies choose the less popular option for social media services?
I’m well aware Roblox has bought and supported Guilded but is it really the right choice to do that vs partnering with the competitor that has WAY more popularity like Discord? At least support integration for that aswell because it always feels like mentioning it in Roblox is like the Blacksheep of social media when literally every community prefers to use that. I’m okay with this as having support with linking other social medias is fine. But… Yea…

7 Likes

just integrate discord already…

this is an unneeded addition, discord already did the job of having a space for community management and you now are attempting to replace it with something lackluster

9 Likes

Proof of that? Sounds like some made up information to promote some sort of pro-Guilded agenda LMAO.

6 Likes

I’ve never heard of ANYONE discussing Guilded unless it was by Roblox themselves and JUST even this post aswell is the most I heard about Guilded again.

6 Likes

It would be brilliant if you made this the format for every social link. The current boxes look a tad outdated.

4 Likes

It’s true. Roblox owns Guilded and they have invite-only content there for developers. Please don’t post things like this, as it serves no purpose and is quite honestly annoying to read.

2 Likes

These are very important questions that should require an official response from the team on. Why is there no view for a roadmap anywhere? Even Discord has a roadmap to view and to keep track of.

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe what you are wanting to do can be accomplished with this:

5 Likes

You don’t have to buy into a subscription service just to use:

• animated emojis
  • using server-specific emojis on other servers
  • send more than 25GB of data
  • have an animated avatar picture
  • have a profile banner
  • or have high quality audio, streaming, and video quality

That’s already provided for free.

As @BlockyHead2006 pointed out Discord templates can be ported
Guilded Webhooks function very similarly to Discord Webhooks, which allows you to easily swap between the two.

Making and adding bots for your server are actually easy for users, and I imagine it can also be very advanced for those who want it to be.

Oh, and no free Nitro scams.

16 Likes

all the popular games on the front page all have discord servers linked under their games or their groups

3 Likes

@AceDevArnav is implying that the developers are on Guilded, this does not necessarily include the communities.

1 Like