Having to modify "Override high DPI scaling behavior" just so Studio doesn't appear blurry and poorly scaled

the fix I have been using for years (right click, go to properties, go to compatibility, click “change high dpi settings”, check “override high dpi scaling behavior”) has just broken. This leads to some super odd results, such as my cursor icon and my actual cursor position not being aligned. I cant find any solutions, does anyone know how to fix this?

Same like @ rickje139 mentioned I noticed the UI got bigger but assumed it was part of the update after doing the usual (right click, properties, change to high dpi, override high dpi scaling behaviour) I went into a game and noticed all the sidebar UI had become blurry however everything within the game was fine I also noticed I was unable to properly select UI and it would always select some other UI nowhere near where I clicked.

I can live with the blurry sidebar it doesn’t affect me that much but being unable to properly select UI is an issue

Video of the issue

1 Like

yes, that exact issue is what Im having! I contacted @Bug-Support about it, will update you if I hear back.

3 Likes

My UI is scaled up again and all the fixes I’ve been having to use for the past two years don’t work anymore. Changing the fflags seem to have no effect, no matter where I put the file, and the Override High DPI setting does nothing anymore.

Can there please be some kind of toggle option so this ridiculous scaling isn’t forced upon laptop users or 4k display users who don’t want this?

And in the meantime, does anybody have a fix, even if it’s temporary? Or some FFlag I can change to undo this change?

1 Like

I’ve been forced to use the Override DPI scaling option through properties on my 4k monitor for over a year and a half. It seems to have broken with whatever was pushed recently for studio. My entire Roblox studio is offset and misaligned. I can’t used the viewport because everything is offset from my cursor and a load of other issues making it unusable. Is there any fix for this? It’s really frustrating.

1 Like

I have found that enabling the Enable DPI Aware Studio option in Files>Beta Features entirely fixes the mouse offsetting problem while working on high DPI monitors:

It also comes with neat icons that may need time for some users to adapt to.

2 Likes

Using DPI aware scaling makes my studio look absolutely atrocious. Any use of any outlines/strokes look terrible and are a pain to work with due to how awful they look. This goes the same for NPC names, player names, all of it. I’m not sure if this is a problem just for me, but I cannot contact bug support about it as I am locked behind the Member Rank.
I am using a 1920x1080 Resolution w/ 125x Scaling. Please let me know if you have this issue, if it’s just me I’m not quite sure what to do.

4 Likes

You are not the only one having this problem. I’ve also got this issue but so far I am not able to resolve it. This also happens on several pop-up windows as far as I know, I am afraid that all I can do now is sit tight and wait for Roblox to (hopefully) swiftly fix this scaling issue.

1 Like

Is there a similar way to disable the DPI scaling on Roblox Studio similar to how you do it on the Roblox Client?

I mean you can’t disable it on the Roblox Client with the old method, not sure about Roblox Studio.

DPI scaling is still not fixed. Client does not render at native resolution when scaling

Hi, can folks in this thread help confirm if this issue in the original post is still happening? Thanks! @ChromeEight

2 Likes

Sorry, I haven’t really experienced the issue in quite some time. I have noticed though that modifying the “override high DPI scaling behavior” causes this issue on my rig (i have two monitors of different scaling), but it’s a different rig than what was on my original post 6 years ago.

For the most part, I don’t experience the blurry text or oversized UI elements when using Studio or the Client anymore. I’ll let the others have their say first as they’re the ones with more recent issues.

1 Like