Having trouble finding good game ideas

So, I have spent about 2 hours searching for good game ideas, browsing the roblox game page, browsing the devforum. I haven’t found any good ideas that intrigue me. if you have any ideas, please tell me, because my mind is blank right now.

Horror is one of my favourite genres so if anyone could suggest any good horror concept games, it’ll be greatly appreciated.

6 Likes

There are other posts like this:

Please use the Search tool next time.

4 Likes

I did. But most people reply, “Do what you want to make.”

I am asking for at least 1 actual game idea. I stated in my post that I have used the search tool.

3 Likes

You’ll get good game ideas if you provide context as to what you are interested in creating or thought about. Throwing random ideas without knowing your interests is difficult.

2 Likes

Oh, thank you for telling me. I have edited my posts.

2 Likes

“Beneath the Well”

Horror game idea

Player falls into a well and gets sucked into a whole world underneath the well. A very scary, dark place roamed by monsters and other creepy things. Your goal is to find tools to protect yourself and find a way back to the surface.

Add on how you like

If you use this idea and publish the game please credit me :slight_smile: Thanks!

2 Likes

The ways to make your 3D game from the start of a base plate is getting reasonably hard right now. ROBLOX has been around for over a decade, and therefore most ideas have been taken. Yet, that some how does not stop others from making games. Why? Well because they follow the trend. Instead of completely coming up with something on their own, most tend to follow what they see on the front page.

But, why do people make the same games as others?
Well, if you take a look at simulators for example, most simulators are not the same but, still have the same concept. Why? Because it’s what players like to do currently. And if the players in Roblox like it, a developers natural instinct is to provide the players with what they want.

Now on rare occasions you do get amazing games like jailbreak pop up, and I am not saying there are still not amazing games out there still, but because players are not used to “new ideas” it’s quite hard for a developer whether he is experienced or inexperienced to just come up with a game from the blue, and even if you do, a developers first worry is “What happens if I don’t make profit from this?” and unfortunately, the reality is… that is what puts people off from making new ideas.

So I am not saying new ideas are bad, but instead why not take a look at the front game page, study it for a few hours and see what the Roblox community likes!

Second last thing, when creating a game, if you only target one type of genre or community then you will be limited to certain amounts of players, but if you make your game multiple genres, more people will be interested.

One last thing is to plan the basics first before making any game.
Genre/s:
Target age group:
What’s trending right now?:

I hope this post helped you have a more better understanding on what sort of games you should make. Reply if you have any problems.

4 Likes

Wow! That’s actually a really great idea. I am going to tweak it by a little bit and try. Thank you!

2 Likes

Usually whenever I think of game ideas, I really like fun goofy games that are really fun to enjoy with friends. The first thing I usually do when making a game is combining two different games I enjoy and mash them into one. For example, if you really enjoy parkour and shooter games, you can make a parkour shooter game. I also really like games with their own unique mechanics, such as Bomb flying in Doomspire Brickbattle, or Wall-Hopping in hard-core roblox obbies such as Jupiter’s Towers of Hell.

2 Likes

Jailbreak is a great game and all, but I’d hardly call it original. It takes heavy inspiration from existing games.

5 Likes

Very true but, it’s game mechanics and complexity out matches many games as of right now.

1 Like

Maybe you should try making a shooter game since most of those get high ratings.

1 Like

It is hard to find an original idea for a game these days, many games are unoriginal like the story games series ( like camping ) or simulator games or obby games, i don’t recommend to make those kind of games.

2 Likes

Obby games in my opinion are okay as long as they are done properly. Games like Tower of Hell and Jupiter’s Towers of Hell are good examples of this, as they make it so there’s a gargantuan amount of effort put into it and it has tons of content and intricate mechanics that are mixed in with difficult jumps.

2 Likes

Yes those are great games, some times they can be original, but it is hard to find an original idea and it even more harder to make it and make it popular, so you can mix ideas like some one said parkour fps, but still hard to get the top of popularity.

2 Likes

i said the parkour fps idea lol, but the thing is unfortunately with roblox’s demographic and audience being mostly children, they’re gonna focus on current trends such as simulators or story games. you just have to capitalize on it and take advantage of whats currently popular, since thats the only way to actually gain exposure and attention

1 Like

You’re right but Roblox should upgrade the descovery page, like adding some categories for less popular games for getting a chance and make sure they are original for maintaining the games variability and originality.

3 Likes

I agree! I’d love to see something like Steam’s Greenlit (even though that system was removed a long time ago) on Roblox. It could really help smaller-time developers show off their creations and gain a massive audience!

2 Likes

It would be amazing, but now the post are becoming a discussion. Anyway it was great to talk with someone see you next time ( i send you freind request )

3 Likes