Having Trouble With Playing Animations On A Custom Rig

1. What do you want to achieve? I would like to play an animation on a custom rig I have.

2. What is the issue? Whenever I try playing the animation, it doesn’t work and the rig stays in a T-pose posture.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? I have tried loading in the animation using the animation controller (parented to the rig), and I have tried using an animator (parented to the humanoid).

Code I used:

local RunService = game:GetService("RunService")

local Character = script.Parent
local HRP = Character:WaitForChild("HumanoidRootPart")

Character.AnimationController:LoadAnimation(script.Animation):Play()
Character.Humanoid.Animator:LoadAnimation(script.Animation):Play()

And yes, the animation was made by using the rig to animate it.

1 Like

Q;

1. What animation tool do you use?
  2. Is the Body part anchored or not?
  3. Have you come to any errors using Roblox’s Animation Plugin?
  4. Is there a video showing what the process looks like?

Send me a file in private of the character model and I could try checking it out.

• What animation tool do you use? I use the default animation editor.
  • Is the Body part anchored or not? I made sure they were anchored before I started animating.
  • Have you come to any errors using Roblox’s Animation Plugin? I’ve encountered no errors. I can even preview the animation. I just can’t actually play it.
  • Is there a video showing what the process looks like? I can just explain it.
    1: I got a rig from sketchfab for free.
    2: I put the imported the rig in studio (using the official method).
    3: I made an animation with it (worked fine) and then I scripted it so it played (it didn’t play).
1 Like

Just remove this line as it is of no use. Try WaitForChild for animator if its StarterCharacter.
Tell about errors

1 Like

I’ve tried every single method already and there were no errors. Just nothing happens.

Send video of animation for solution

As I said, nothing happens. It just stands in the same T-pose.

I mean Show animation in animation editor.

robloxapp-20220607-0813593.wmv (1.9 MB)

Works in the editor, but not when I try playing it in-game.

Found out how to fix it! You need to use an animator inside of an animation controller in the rig. I hope this helps anyone else with this problem!

1 Like