Help! GFX (Layered Clothing)

As we all know, Roblox has released layered clothing to everyone!

Everyone has their opinions on layered clothing, and that’s okay. However, as a GFX artist, many people are trying to hire me for a thumbnail (or whatever) and the characters they want me to use have layered clothing…

Yeah, it’s a big deal for people like me who don’t know how to rig a character in Blender.

The point I’m trying to make is that I’ve looked everywhere on the internet for answers as to how I can make a GFX with characters that use 3D clothing. A lot of you GFX artists have the know-how, but another great deal of GFX artists (like me) don’t.

I’d greatly appreciate it if you guys could send me tutorials, create some of your own, etc. I’m not looking for the “just rig the character with the layered clothing” type of answers. I’m looking for a full-on tutorial explaining how this can be done.

The post that (in full) explains, or links a great tutorial explaining how I can do this will be chosen as the Solution.

For those of you saying it’s impossible, here’s a GFX made by i5K with layered clothing:

i5K’s Twitter Post…

Thanks to all who help.

Sincerely,
Willow

7 Likes

I think u ll have re rig the layered clothing as roblox dont allow fbx import

Please read posts in full before responding

3 Likes

Probably will take a few months for more people to become acquainted with using layered clothing before that occurs. only way you’ll figure it rn out is by contacting people who make GFX with layered clothing since they hide in the shadows like gremlins. you just gotta go out of your way to contact these people directly since there seems to be so little of 'em

Export your character as R15 and then export the clothing. Then export the clothing as R6 to get the body texture. Hope this helps!

But it can’t move without being rigged. I clearly stated I’m looking for a full-on tutorial.

I would say u would have first make a fbx layered clothing as roblox exports are obj

That with allow it to move with a rig?

I guess it will work but some adjustments will be needed

Could you try it abs show your results?

Does anyone have a solution to importing layered clothing?

1 Like

You can import custom rigs with a pre installed roblox plugin, so u can import fbx

Use the pre installed avatar importer plugin

He want to export to blender. It’s for roblox import

I wish people wouldn’t keep saying “you can do this…” I know it can be done. I’m simply seeking an answer as to how it is done. Could anyone send me or make an in-depth tutorial on it?

1 Like

Layered clothing isn’t supported on R6, so that wouldn’t work

It is incredibly annoying not being able to use layered clothing, it’s really weird.

You can spawn your character into Studio as r15, but when you pull out your new rig in blender, you’re going to have to delete the one using the clothing otherwise it won’t move, however, once you do this, the layered clothing will not move with the avatar.