Help Needed With A Script

Hey everybody, I recently downloaded [Open-source] Hander, a better hand-to utility for my game, and I’m setting it up, and running into an issue. I configure the configuration script with my group ID and ranks, etc

And nothing will work.

My best guess is that i’m inserting the rank values incorrectly, and its not picking up anything. Heres the configuration script.

local configuration = {}

configuration.groupId = 32052224 -- use number
configuration.ranks = {} -- >rank, <rank, rank
configuration.pattern = "([<>]?)(%d+)" -- to check pattern of ranks

configuration.maxRetries = 3 -- keep it at a reasonable amount

return configuration

My group ID is set, but im not sure what to put in the rank ID. I want ranks 4>= to be able to use the system but i’m not sure how to tell it that.

If someone could help me that would be great!
Thanks.

My guess is that you’d do >3 since >=4 is the same as >3

i tried that, but when ever i do that the script underlines the < in red and when i test it nothing shows up

Pretty sure you would need to put it in a string, so “>3”

did that, and i’m still getting this

">3" Also, if you have questions, then just look at the source code, perhaps it will become clearer to you what this or that function does.

You’re using the wrong quotes, it needs to be "
You could also use [[>3]], '>3', or

`>3`

yeah, just realized that, and fixed it. still won’t work though i have no clue why

Is there anything in your output?

it says Configuration is not a valid member of Script "ServerScriptService.Hander"

Is your module called “Configuration” and inside of ServerScriptService.Handler?

Yes it is which confused me, everythings in the right place. I used rojo to load it in and touched nothing except for editing the ranks

It’s possible the module isn’t loading in time, try changing local configuration = require(script.Configuration) to local configuration = require(script:WaitForChild("Configuration")

1 Like

Just tried that, and it didn’t work. But when i reversed it, i joined test mode, and saw a flash of the GUI and then it went away. Edit: I capitalized the C in configuration on the script name, and it did that.

Hey, if your still available, and willing to help that would be amazing! if not thanks for all you’ve helped me with currently!