[Open-source] Hander, a better hand-to utility

Hander

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/271790587974385675/836168999434715146/Hander_Preview.mov

Roleplay games usually need a stable and reliable hand-to utility. However, in most cases they become very unreliable when at a larger scale. Mostly because they are calling the API to check whether the user is authorized or not per each request, which will eventually lead to API call overloading when there’s too many requests to process!

However, this is solved with Hander. Hander does not fetch the ranks per request, but caches everyone’s ranks with promises, creating scalability and reliability for larger games that have a large playerbase.

Why Hander?

Apart from just caching, there’s a lot more reasons for you to switch to Hander, here’s a list of them:

• Search is done with fuzzy searching
    As a result, this allows searching player to be much efficient and faster, as the result is based on the relevancy, not based on the starting characters!

• Open-sourced
    Hander is 100% open sourced (licensed under the MIT license) and does not contain any sort of donation features.

• Supports group ranks
    Supporting group rank may sound common, but Hander apart from supporting just group ranks. It also supports conditions for group ranks! So, you can set greater than or equal to, lesser than or equal to, equal to to your ranks.

• Beautiful interface
    The Hander interface is designed to be 100% user-friendly and to be on par with Roblox’s UI. So, you won’t feel disgusted when using Hander. Apart from that, Hander takes full advantage of your device’s screen, allowing searching to be much efficient.

There’s more! Such as being secure, code-safe and lightweight

Installing

(At the moment, you can only install Hander with Rojo)

Link to repository: https://github.com/va1kio/hander

Clone the repository and then run this command while inside the repository directory:

rojo build -o "Hander.rbxlx"

Next, open Hander.rbxlx in Roblox Studio and start the Rojo server:

rojo serve

Toggling the UI

By default, Hander does not react to keyboard input to toggle the UI. However, you can make it so it will work with keybinds. Simply by going to server.UI.App.client.lua and add the toggling mechanism there.

Or, you can use the BindableFunction given by App.client.lua, which is parented at App.client.lua. The UI folder is parented inside PlayerGui. (ie `Players.PlayerName.PlayerGui.UI.App.Function)

Setting up feedback

By default, Hander do not send any feedback back to the user, and the person who received the tool. To implement feedbacks, you can connect the RemoteEvent Hander uses, which is Hander_Event. After that, simply check whether the first parameter is receive, if so, the second parameter will be: {client's name, tool's name}.

To implement feedback for the original sender, simply just use the boolean returned by the RemoteFunction call inside Shared.Cook.init.lua, where true means successful, false means fail.

Credits

Hander uses the following libraries/softwares:

License

Hander is licensed under the MIT license.

31 Likes

Great stuff! As you are a dev at Frappe, I’m assuming you’ll be using it there too?

EDIT: What font did you use for the UI?

Probably not for Frappe. For the UI, it uses Gotham

1 Like

Anyone can apply the MIT license to their product. It doesn’t imply any kind of affiliation with the university or reflect any type of quality of the product. It’s simply a license developed by MIT that if free for anyone to use. It grants the user (you) the rights to do whatever you want with the product and it makes sure that the developer can’t be held accountable for any bugs or any other problems that might occur while using the product.

1 Like

Looks amazing! I don’t have much experience with attributes, but do you think you could utilize attributes or some some sort of check to see if the tool can be handed to others or not?

Oh, alright. Still amazing lol

1 Like

Love this! Currently, I’m doing a Resturant and bar. Useful!
Anyways… whow u do nice uis?

how do i install this? i’m so confused.

How do I insert it without rojo?

This is amazing!! It’s just what I need for my game. But how do you toggle it?

will there be anyway to get it without rojo?

1 Like