Help! Weld constraints disapeared!

Help! my weld constraints for my car chassis dissapeared but one of the cars still have the constraints? and even when i place a car that i saved to my toolbox the welds are gone still until i go to another game?
Please help!

Are they WeldConstraints, or are they surface Welds, or are they Welds created by a weld script?
Typically WeldConstraints don’t disappear, but if you have other kinds of welds and you move Parts around they can be destroyed.

1 Like

There constraints i was building a race track then i went to test it with the car and the welds were gone therefore breaking the whole chassis!
Edit: There also gone when not testing!

When you say they’re gone do you mean when you look in the Explorer window inside each Part the Welds have disappeared?
You should also be able to go into the Model menu up top and near the Create tool for Physics | Roblox Creator Documentation (where you click to create the WeldConstraints) you will find the ‘View Welds’ checkbox. If you click that you’ll see a green line in the workspace that indicates your Welds.

1 Like

There gone from the explorer i did show welds already and only one car had the welds in tact i dont know what happend atleast 3 cars lost there weld constraints there gone from the explorer.

There = a place.
They’re = they are.

Is this after the model is regenerated?
Do you have any scripts that may be removing the Welds?
If you saved them without the welds they they won’t be in the model.

2 Likes

Ok so basicly i was building the track then i went to test it then the welds were gone and the car broke so i went back to check to see if they were gone when not in testing mode and there gone there gone from testing and not testing.
I dont have any scripts that mess with the welds at all.

It sounds like you must have saved the models without the welds somehow. If they’re gone in testing, and they’re gone while not testing then there is a problem with the models and their welds.

You may just have to go into the models in Studio and re-weld all the parts until they’re fixed.

2 Likes

I dont get it though i never messed with the welds after i made them it just doesnt make sense.

1 Like

Did you perhaps select all the Parts of the Model then accidentally right-click them and choose the ‘Select Children’ tool from the drop-down menu then accidentally hit the Delete or Backspace key?

I’ve done this before while trying to do other things, but I realized what I’d done and clicked the ‘Undo’ tool right away.

Were all the Welds in one Part, or were they in each Part that you welded to the main chassis?

1 Like

Ok so if you didnt know already chassis are made with roblox cylinders for better physics simulation and i had my welds on each physics wheel connecting to the visual wheel and those are all gone i had the chassis sorted from the body the body of the car were the wheels physic wheels ad the body each one with there own model and the platform i used to make the suspention had no welds but still had the suspention and the motors.
I dont think i did accidently delete them if i did i cannot get it back because when i found out i had already went through all my undos and it didnt undo.
(mind my spelling)

And no all the welds werent all in one part.

Did you put the WeldConstraints in the model, or was it a model from the toolbox?
If it was from the toolbox maybe give me a link to that model so I can have a look at it.

1 Like

It was a mesh made by me i dont like to use free models.

I just had it happen to me last night and filed a bug report. All WeldConstraints and Motor6Ds in a model I was working on disappeared suddenly.
<All WeldConstraints and Motor6Ds suddenly disappeared while in Studio session
@Scriptos mentioned that if you use the Archimedes plugin there is a glitch in Studio that may get rid of Welds, but it’s the first time that it’s happened to me and I’ve been using Archimedes for years.

1 Like

Hm well i fixed the car already but thanks for informing me ill be more careful about that plugin.

1 Like