Help with animating gun

I know this is a probably a really simple problem, yet I am stuck.

So I have a gun model, and I want to make a reloading animation. So I could just use animation editor, make an animation, but there is one problem. I want the gun model to also be part of the animation. For example if I want the character to pull out the clip of the gun or something like that.

How would I do this? Would I need to use motor6D? (I am still new to them, so a basic explanation if or how i need to use them)

The gun moves with the animation, I don’t see why you’d need to have such a complex system where the animation has any tool follow with it.

I’m not sure what you mean. So I have a gun which is a tool, but I dont know how to make animations for it. For example there are tutorials on how to animate the character: (Roblox How To Animate - Roblox Animation Tutorial - YouTube), but not interact or animate the tool with the character. Sorry if I made no sense in this post lol.

So, you’d like an animation for the actual tool, correct?

Yes, the tool being a gun. So when I reload the gun, there will be an animation for the clip coming out of the gun whilst the character is also part of the animation.

Edit: thanks for the link, will check it out

Ah okay, then take a look at this tutorial as I believe this will help achieve your goal: How to animate Tool Parts (Guns, Knifes etc.)

1 Like