Help with camera reload animations

I’ve been trying to implement a reload & equip animations in my game, everything works except for the camera animations. How would I go about doing it like in this game? The camera is animated a little bit when the gun is equipped and during the reload animation. My thought is that they animated the camera and then connected the animated camera to the in-game camera but how would you do that?

Let the animators animate the CameraPart that is related to the arms, then through a script, set the CFrames of the camera to the CFrame of the part.

1 Like

My view model is a clone of the character with every body part deleted except for the arms. Would I need to add a camera part to the character?

Yes, so it could be animated in any way

1 Like

My camera locks onto the part and I can’t move it anymore when I play the animation, how do you fix that?

look into this:

You should lock the camera to part and if the part moves the camera moves with it as well.

I tried doing what these people did but it ended up being really glitchy

did you put it in a renderstepped loop

Yeah

character limit character limit

send code snippet and video​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

I don’t have it anymore because I restarted but I can try to look for one of the save files to show you what was happening

What was happening was it kept spinning my camera all over the place whenever the anim played