Help with GFX pricing

Hello everyone!

I was making GFX for around 2 years. Sadly I’ve never been recognirable among other GFX designers. I tried to show my works in twitter, but twitter doesn’t care about skills as much as care about fame.

So since February of this year I try to be more active on DevForum and not gonna lie I got some commissions from here.

I didn’t get commissions from twitter for months and always put lowest prices. Since I’m getting some commissions from DevForum, I’d like to know which prices would be good for my GFX artworks. Please, suggest only USD prices. I will make Robux prices based on USD in DevEx rate.

Here are some examples of my work:

Icon example:

Thumbnail example:

PFP example:

Banner example:

More examples you can see in my portfolio. I need to decide what prices would be good in USD for this kind of works. If you also have any feedbacks, feel free to leave them in replies. Have a nice day!

3 Likes

This is really good quality so I would say about 20-30 USD

1 Like

I’m not sure. It’s around 5700-8500 robux what is very expensive

How much customers do you get a week and also you just gotta have good work and post new art every now and then and you will get attention on twitter, thats what I did and I now have around 600 followers. Because if you have been actively working hard for 2 years in GFX you would be top tier already. I checked your portfolio and they have a lot of composition errors that would make it not so appealing to the larger mass of devs trying to hire you.

1 Like

I guess but it’s very good quality and the design is amazing

1 Like

Yea, thats what i was doing for 2 years, posting works at twitter and making a lot of gfxes, back in 2019 i could make at least 2 works at the day, now around 2-3 for a week. Anyway I have around 3k followers in twitter, but still im not a part of gfx community in twitter. I gave up at twitter. Also usually I can get a big wave or not get customers for a long time. For example, recently at the end of May I got at least 10 customers, which was a very big amount for a long time

I would say the top one could be worth much more then 30 USD but the rest maybe 5-15 USD

2 Likes

What do you mean by “Im not a part of gfx community”? As in your not popular or as in you left it a while ago

1 Like

Yes I agree! But still great stuff

1 Like

Since you quit twitter, what methods do you have for showcasing your work to a large audience? Since you have mentioned you get inconsistent amounts you should get back to making some work ever 1-3 weeks. Start with a base price of 5 dollars and increase it by 5 every time you get an increase of cosistent customers.

1 Like

I mean in the whole roblox twitter community no one have ever heard my name among gfx design. There are some recognizable people who are getting supported by famous gfx designers, getting rts and fame a lot. Ive never been any of them, but even lowering prices didnt help me to get customers in twitter. In devforum i feel like i can get any customers and just being a part of gfx developers here

Hmm, 5-15 sounds more suitable for them

Theres not many active GFX members on devforum, I am not even known on twitter but still if you improve your work you will get a following eventually. Its not just luck.

1 Like

Do you have Discord? Try going on some servers like HiddenDevs, GFX Castle, GFXCOMET, and Artist Universe and post your work people go around there and hire from those servers too, they will also give your some better feedback compared to the ones on devforum that call everything amazing

1 Like

Yeah, I understand, but like I know a lot of beginning gfxers whose expiriences I already have, but they have more customers, fame and all. Do you know Purpluxe for example? I started to make work at the same time with him and knowing my expirience i know im able to make works like his one. But he already has a lot of customers, devexed sometimes. I just dont really know what I am doing wrong. I feel like even if i was a professional i would still got to lower my prices under 500 robux or under 5$ because i wouldnt get any customers

The thing with Purpluxe is that he does a category mostly of bright and cartoony work. Since the audience of roblox is kids, developers make kiddy/bright games alot and will need that type of cover art. They are call “Simulator GFX” as thats what they are normally hired for. I myself can make work of higher end GFX Designers but that doesnt mean I will get the same demand as them. You have to be posting art that raises your bar of your skill every now and then which shows customers how good you really are.

1 Like

I was asking famous gfxer and designer of feedbacks and try to improve stuff they say, some people say my works are decent, but I know they all are still crappy

I think 1500 to 2000 robux would be a good price.

1 Like

I have to go now but I have a playlist on youtube that talks about what artworks need and helps you understand concepts Graphics Tips - YouTube

1 Like