Help with the program rojo

hey everybody! im currently using the program rojo on vsc (visual studio code) trying to import a resource into my game.

im trying to import [Open-source] Hander, a better hand-to utility but i cant figure out how to do it for the life of me, and i dont speak script.

if anyone is willing to help me, i’d be very thankful!

thanks

You can just copy paste the src folder in the linked github to your project and it should sync

where in vsc do i paste it into? i try pasting it into the src folder there and it dosent let me

Uh not sure how your project is setup so don’t know where you should put it

you can just do what it provided

its just the basic rojo setup once you load in i haven’t done anything else to the project

i dont rlly understand what its saying

i’ve never used rojo so it makes not a lot of sense to me, sorry

oh, I never used rojo too, I suggest going here for some help with rojo

2 Likes

thanks for ur help. i think i’m attempting a quite precise thing for it being my first time using + i dont even script. i’ll check that out. thanks!

1 Like

First off, go to Installation | Rojo to create a new game and get set up with Rojo. (No this doesn’t create a new game in-studio). Once you’ve got your client, server and shared folders then go to the GitHub Repository and look in either server or shared. After that, you’re off and running! All you need to do from hereon is make new files/folders in your VSC code env. make sure you name them the exact same or else it won’t work!

Let me know if you’re still having trouble!

2 Likes

hey there! i worked on this for quite a bit, and i wasn’t really getting anywhere with it for some reason. i downloaded vsc, git bash, and rojo and did all the steps but none of it really worked out.

i know this might be a big ask but is there any way you would be able to send me a file of it in already? if not i completely understand, and appreciate your help

thank you!

Did you download the Rojo extension for VSC? Rojo - Roblox Studio Sync - Visual Studio Marketplace

Yes i downloaded that extention i’m just not a scripter, so all of this is difficult for me to understand.

That’s okay! You can download the scripts/zip file here:

Steps:

• Click on the green ‘Code’ button
  • Click download ZIP
  • You’re all set to go!

hey there, i highly appreciate your help! i just cannot find the roblox studio file, to put it in my game

All good! Here’s how you can connect VSC and Studio:

1. In VSC click:
  2. Then click on the green arrow when the menu appears:
  3. Now go into studio and open an experience, click on the ‘Plugins’ tab.
  4. Click on your Rojo extension in Studio:
  5. Click on the big red ‘Connect’ button and then you’re off and running!

Warning: If you already have scripts in your game in places such as ReplicatedStorage, ServerScriptService or StarterPlayerScripts then those will be deleted and replaced with the default Rojo scripts.

thank you so much! i have rojo connected, but it still wont inport the files into my game

Can you show me how you’ve got your VSC tree setup?