Help with voxel lighting (e.g. like VOXEL SEGI)

I don’t know what category this would go into but,
You know those voxel segi games?
How would I and other developers recreate that?

If one person can do it, can the rest of the developers in roblox not?

It would be very cool to see this in other games as more games would have more popularity.

{If you do not know what VOXEL:SEGI LIGHTING is, this is the game link : VOXEL: SEGI LIGHTING - Roblox}

I think one way to recreate this effect is to use beams to create an illusion that the lights are getting dispersed.

And then playing around with brightness/ambience/sunrays and lightning technology etc.

You might wanna check out these topics;

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=Volumetric+Lightning

4 Likes

I believe these types of games use a beam and transparent brick parts to create a decent lighting effect you could approach this with using a pointlight or surface you’ll probably need to experiment and do a little testing i’m curious you’ll achieve or emulate something similar to this.

While beams can achieve a similar effect, there plugins that’ll let you insert a beam to experiment with it, you can always have a look around and see if that would help achieving a similar look with the beam creator plugin; as it only works for shadow map from my personal. Here is a quite similar thread that could be related to your question as it may help you with emulating this type of lighting effect.

I’m more interested in the coloured glass beams, how could I do that?
As in the RBXL it features in one of them, they don’t feature glass beams that I liked. How do I replicate that feature?