Help with Xbox lighting bug

Hey! This is my first time posting here and I don’t know if this is the best category to post this to but I need help with this weird lighting glitch. I’m developing an FPS and I have one of my friends on xbox help me test to make sure it feels good for console. He recently told me about this weird shadow so I decided to mess around with the different lighting options to see what the problem was but couldn’t fix it

1 Like

If there’s a big object above it, you can uncheck “CastShadow” in the Properties window.

The shadows are really hard by default, I usually go to Lighting and change Technology from “ShadowMap” to “Voxel.” Hope this helps

check your lighting settings to see if any of your properties are messed up.

This might be an Xbox thing for Roblox games, not sure, probably not a studio glitch

2 Likes

Hi @Pyro_RBLX, this is a current bug with our shadowmap lighting on xbox. I’ll post an update in Xbox Lighting Glitch once the fix is released.

5 Likes

Finally This is Now Getting Fixed

1 Like

This issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

4 Likes

I got this lighting bug too when my friend was trying my game.

1 Like

The fix for this should be live now (as of today, 1/4/2021). Please let me know if things still look broken. Thanks!

3 Likes

This issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

1 Like

i get this too, change the lighting dont use shadow map

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.