Xbox Lighting Glitch

My game seems to be having this odd glitch where a sphere around the player is being cast in complete shadow. This is using Technology.ShadowMap.

It seems another user has also reported the same problem, so I am not alone here.
The lighting appears fine on PC and my phone, so this glitch only seems to be affecting Xbox.
I’m not sure when this started happening, as I only noticed it when testing my game on Xbox today, and haven’t otherwise played it on Xbox before.

16 Likes

Hi @pa00, thanks for the report. We should hopefully have a fix for this soon.

12 Likes

Not to pile onto this. but for my game (linked here) we’re working on getting the game to play well on Xbox so we can turn on that platform. However, when using ShadowMap or Future (for Technology under Lighting) there are tons of visual artifacts. I’m posting the video of Xbox here, but just note none of this happens on Computer or Tablet/Phone.

6 Likes

This issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

9 Likes

I am unable to create a new topic. However; this issue still occurs when using ShadowMap and Future technologies.
edit:
@Qiblox , I was informed that I should inform somebody who is an engineer or at least something of that sort. Sorry.

4 Likes

I agree, I checked last night and there are still the same issues I posted in my video above.

1 Like

Yes, sorry, the fix did not make it in before the holidays, but will hopefully go out today or tomorrow (unless something else comes up). I’ll hopefully post an update later today.

9 Likes

The fix for this should be live now. Please let me know if things still look broken. Thanks!

6 Likes

This issue should now be resolved! If this issue is still occurring, please create a new topic for us to look into.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.