Here's my first outfit...looking for some feedback!

Hello!
I’m NicholasMRoosevelt, and I recently have decided to pick up clothing designing. I’ve been watching tutorials, reading posts across the DevForum, and I ended up making my first outfit.

I made this for a friend, who has said he really liked it and thought it was good, but I’m looking to see what people from the clothing designing community have to say.
Be as nitpicky as you’d like, but PLEASE be constructive with your comments. I’d like to improve upon this and hopefully turn out some more quality clothing in the future!

Also, this is my first post, so please inform me if I’ve put this in the wrong category or if I’ve broken any rules with this post. Thank you!

11 Likes

Looks pretty good honestly but I recommend to add more details towards the outfit plus I would use it if I have any item that matches the outfit though, although You -Edit sorry had to cut my sentence but although it’s alright

Thank you for your opinion and suggestions! It means a lot! :smiley:

the checkers seem out of place

Yeah. I don’t know any tactics or tricks for actually lining them up.

It reminds me of the GoldMen inc from Sub Rosa. Awesome classic clothing I like the simplicity.

That means a lot, thank you! :smiley:

Looks nice! For your first outfit, it looks like you put a lot of effort and thought in.

The shoes look a bit unsymmetrical though, and I’d add some shading.

Hope this helps!

Thank you for your reply, it means a lot!
Yes, I know about the shoes and honestly I think I was a little bit lacking when it came to doing them since it seemed like such a simple concept to me.
And as for shading, do you have any tips for shading? I don’t really know where to start when it comes to that stuff. Any good tutorials that you recommend?

1 Like

I really like this, good job! As your first piece of clothing it only makes it more impressive.

No problem!

As for shading, I’d always use a separate layer and clip it to the first one. Use darker colors, or you can use the same color and set the layer to “Multiply,” if this makes sense.

I would watch “avaeta” or “icyella”

I haven’t seen many clothing designers providing tutorials, but I’m sure there are more out there.

Thank you so much, this means a lot! :smiley:

Alright, thank you so much. I will definitely take a look at it when I get the chance.

2 Likes

:astonished: Wow! That looks awesome! For your first outfit, I’d say you’re a natural when it comes to designing!

If I had to say anything, I’d recommend changing the colour of the collar to a darker/lighter version of the outfit’s base colour. (if that makes sense haha~)

If it helps at all, I have a tutorial about designing on the Dev Forum! It might help you a bit.

2 Likes

Looks very good for your first outfit! You can make it better by adding shading, and maybe make the tie a little bit thinner unless that’s what you were going for. But overall, it looks amazing!

1 Like

Looks pretty good, but the checkerboard is a little boring. Also the grid is offset. I’d recommend making the lines for pockets and all that darker.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I’ll take a look at your tutorial! :smiley:

2 Likes

I think it is very good!

You may want to add some shading to it. You can find Roblox Clothing Shading templates on google. Here is one I found:

google search

1 Like