Highlights are not visible in-game if they are spawned in before the client loads

EDIT: With further testing, I discovered highlights spawned in BEFORE the player client joins/is loaded are not visible. Any new highlights spawned in during gameplay work fine.

Highlights are no longer displaying in the Roblox client. They appear fine on studio though. I first noticed this roughly 2 days ago:

My game in Roblox studio:

The same game when playing online:

To make sure this wasn’t an issue with my game, I tried on a blank place slot:

Online:

System info:

• Windows 10 Pro - Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8Ghz, 32GB, GTX 2080 super
    Beta features enabled: All currently available aside from Non-strict scripts by default.
2 Likes

Thanks for the report! I filed a ticket in our internal database and we’ll follow up when we have an update for you.

2 Likes
1 Like

To this day highlights are still limited on mobile clients, and in most cases not even there. I hope they are prioritized in the near future

2 Likes

Hi,

I have hard time reproducing this locally. Highlights do work for me just fine. Can you please send me a repro file?

Thanks

Also can you maybe reinstall roblox? We have hard time reproducing this locally. Thanks

Update:
testing with the command line in-game shows that highlights that are already spawned in before the player joins/client window loads are not visible. (Screenshot counts present highlights and shows there are 6, but I cannot see them)

However, spawning in new highlights reveals that any new highlight appearing on the client during runtime is visible.

Furthermore, when I respawn the map while I am in-game (which causes new highlight instances to spawn) the highlights are now visible.

1 Like

Hey I fix that should fix this was shipped.

Is this still happening to you?

I can see my beloved highlights now! Thanks :smile:

Great happy to help!

Sorry about this. This is one was completely on us :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.