HintService 2.9.5 (Discontinued) | Legacy hints reimagined, customizable, straight-forward, and simple

Do you mean the option to be able to hide hints from the client and a for example have a topbar button that displays notifications?

And how to broadcast different hints from server to players?

You can do this already. The client can receive remote events from the server and then each client can display different hints.

Update 2.1.1!

Features:

Various API changes, including the removal of SetDestroyOnFinished to prevent memory leaks, this is now set true by default

You can now change the font of your hint to whatever you please.

You can now get the size of your hint.

Organized the code a bit.

Fixed various minor bugs.

A new post with all updates, they will still be posted here but I suggest you go make sure to be notified when a new update is available. Documentation has also been moved here:

Update

I recently deployed an update. Thanks for your patience!

Update

Read More

Update

Read More

Added warning if HintService is not up-to-date

How can we update while keeping custom theme

All you need to do is drag your theme module out, then insert the new HintService, then drag your custom theme back into the themes folder.

Update

Read More

What do you mean by where to put the folders? Also, it’s all local, you can use the example script to help you.

1 Like

It’s best that you put it in replicated storage, do not move the folders out of the module or it will not work, do not edit the folders or anything in them. About the “Themes” folder, refer to the main post.

2 Likes

Use a server script and a remote event, call the event from the server script on your proximity prompt, then listen on the client.

1 Like

This is kind of irrelevant to the module and can easily be done yourself with just a little more effort.

Big oops. Replied to the wrong resource LOL

2 Likes

I’ll help you out tomorrow, I have to sleep. The best thing I can say is to read the remote events article on the devhub

1 Like

This is because you are trying to use the module on the server, this only works on clients.

Is there some sort of “force chat exploit” in HintService?

Amazing! I suggest a fast tween though

What do you mean by this? You can edit the length of the tween.