Hiring builders and scripters for my Starfighting project

I am looking to hire 2 builders and a scripter to join my development group Sushi Slasher Studios and help get my Starfighting game on the front page.

Who is this AxonMega weirdo and why should I work for him?

I am a 15 year old dev in the US. I have been scripting on Roblox since around 2015. I was accepted into the dev forum because of my scripting showcases, which you can find on my profile. As of today, I know a total of 10 programming languages, although none as well as I know Lua. I started a development group called Sushi Slasher Studios about a year ago, but we have lacked success mostly because I have been unable to assemble an active a motivated team. Here are some of the things I’ve created:

What is this Starfighting project?

Starfighting has been my development project for about a year now. Progress has been slow because I’ve been the only one working on it. The basic idea is that players on the red team and blue team fly around in starfighters and try to blow each other up. Here is what I have so far:

Yes, I know the building and UI design need improvement. That’s why I’m hiring people.

What will the finished game look like?

It will be round-based, with multiple game modes, all of which will include the red team vs the blue team. Players will be able to purchase dozens of different ships, weapons, gadgets, armor, etc. Players will also be able to customize their starfighters with turrets and skins. It’s gonna be lit.

Pay?

The builders and script I hire will receive around 23% of the profit each, I will get around 29%, because I’ll be doing the most work, and the remaining 2% will go to the people I previously hired who helped only slightly. I intend to load the game with game passes and developer products, so hopefully this will be a lot. I’ll even let you add your own game passes if you are still unsatisfied with your profit. Unfortunately, I only have 4000 robux due to my previous lack of success in development, which I was hoping to save for stuff like audio and ads, so I can’t really give payments in advance. However, I promise that if under the unlikely circumstance that this project fails, I will script cafes until I have enough to compensate you for your work.

Qualities I look for in a dev:

-should be regularly active and let me know in advance if they will be inactive for a long period of time
-should enjoy the exquisite flavor of sushi
-should have good taste in memes
-should wear clothes on a regular basis

Reply if interested.

1 Like

Well… that’s me out

jk

1 Like

Don’t worry, he makes us all uncomfortable.

On topic: I hope you find your team and the development process is successful, but I’m wary of joining a team that doesn’t have any other games launched. Unless you have some and didn’t mention it, then please by all means list the launched games you’ve been a part of.

I understand your wariness, I probably would be too. As I mentioned, Sushi Slasher Studios has made no front page games in the past due difficulties assembling a competent, active, and motivated team. That doesn’t mean I’m not experienced though. I’ve been attempting to develop on Roblox since 2014, and I have learned from all of my past failures.

Tough but real question.

What makes you think you’ll be able to assemble a better team this time around? And keep things moving?

Last time the devs I hired were mostly users I met in the scripters subforum. They all became inactive or quit. This time, I’m trying to hire users from the dev forum, where everyone is competent and experienced.

Cool cool, I commend you on your project and hope for the best. Whoever you end up taking, be sure you keep an open mind for ideas and communication. If you want to see the trials and tribulations of being a project lead, check out this discussion I mediated.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. Although it’s not looking very hopeful as of now.

Starting to lose confidence.

It’s only been a few hours… Give it a couple days.

Worst case scenario if you find nobody, you should continue with your game and release one solo. By having small solo projects (that are completed!) you can begin to convince people you know what you’re doing.

Think of it this way:
If you’ve never released a solo game before, why should people trust you to organize a group and release a much larger game?

I have released solo games before, they’ve just never gotten popular. But thanks for the advice.

Then why aren’t you linking those here? Your job in the post here is really to convince people that if they work for you, you’ll all end up with a finished project and maybe some cash.

If you have no experience in teams you could also look at the other collaboration threads that have been made over the past week and try joining one of their projects. I see lots of threads from people looking for members but rarely people joining these groups.

We need a matchmaking system on the forums :thinking:

The solo projects I’ve made are either low quality things I made a while ago or showcases. But I guess I’ll try linking my showcases to see if that helps.

Are you allowed to bump threads here as long as you’re not doing it excessively, like only once per day?

nope

T_T oh well

Yes, bumping is fine (@x_o) so long as it’s:

• Not excessive as you mentioned (do not bump on the same day the thread was last active, and if you are still not receiving a response after multiple bumps, stop bumping altogether because the problem lies with the request itself and not lack of exposure)

• Contributing new, useful information to the thread (i.e. instead of “Bump” post “Here are the updates that have happened since this thread was last active. I am still looking for someone to work with.”)

• After trying various things to improve potential reasons for lack of response

If you do not receive the responses you are looking for after the thread has been up for a while, you will likely never receive the responses you are looking for, and there is a problem with your request. Note that there is not always a “right” way to propose a request – sometimes they just don’t fit because of situational conditions (e.g. lack of successful project history). As mentioned on your earlier thread, consider taking on a smaller project if you can’t attract others to work for you, or work on someone else’s project to build reputation.

1. Spam posts and threads will be removed. Do not post the same topic repetitively or repeat the same post within a thread. Spam includes posts like “bump” or “first” that do not add to the content of the discussion.
1 Like

Note the wording.

imo bumping doesn’t add to discussion but maybe that’s just me

1 Like