[CLOSED] Hiring Skilled Game Icon GFX Artist

Is there any payment range you can offer?

1 Like

Payment is only discussed after initial contact and will be determined by multiple factors such as skill, time, and negotiated base pay.

Is there a range you can give us, then? I would hate to have a long conversation about the icon and then not take the job because the pay is too low.

2 Likes

I’d rather keep pay private, posting a payment on a thread is a bigger obligation than discussing and modifying it in private. It also would attract more people with less skill from trying to get a high paying commission. If you are interested DM me and we can discuses further. I keep my hiring post extremely vague for people who are truly committed to GFX and not just in it for the money.

(example from an actual post)

So you’re just looking for someone who is interested in making a high quality icon for you, with little pay? That’s how your post sounds, at least.

3 Likes

You are wrong my friend. People who are truly committed to GFX would rather have all the info in the hiring post and spend more time on your commission rather than talk it out with you.

3 Likes

Sorry, but I don’t want to post prices so that the thread can get people who only want money to respond. If you cannot take the time to privately message us and discuss your skill and an asking price for the work, then this commission may not be for you! We are more than happy to discuss any commissions privately.

I’ll be totally honest with you, I’m not interested but I wanted to do a favor to people like @VaIerianMengsk and save their time getting all the necessary information.

This is the DevForum, and I’d imagine a vast majority of people prefer to be paid for their time and hard work on this platform.

3 Likes

If spending 5 min of your time to discuss a high paid commission is too much work for you then maybe you should not be seeking commissions.

1 Like

I mean people do normally put in a price range so there’s no need for you to be rude cus you’re unnecessarily discreet.

As people have already said, it’s probably better to have a set price. You give the set price, they show past work/examples - if you think it’s good for the price, you hire them. Simple.
Deciding how much you should pay after their work is done is abad practice.

It’s work. Of course people are going to want money for their time, even if they enjoy the process and are committed to making GFX. Rather, if you posted an actual price then it’s more than likely that you’ll find an artist quicker. I highly suggest you consider the feedback given on this thread.

1 Like

Nowhere in my post did I say the game icon had to be made before payment is discussed. It should have been fairly obvious that the post is saying “DM me if you want to make a game icon for us, here is some requirements, reach out to us for more information.” The replies to this thread are just taking it way out of hand just as other commission post always are, which is why I left out pay from the thread, apparently not even that works. People who are interested should DM us, not rant on this thread about unimportant issues. If you are not interested then its simple to not reply if you do not want to spend the time contacting us.

1 Like

Oops, sorry for the misread. Regardless, it’d be much more efficient and you’d probably get more skilled artists if you posted a set price (range) beforehand in the post. Well, in the end, it’s up to you to decide how to do this i guess.

2 Likes

This post exclusively leaves out payment because, well, it turns the thread into a useless mess of people arguing about payment and totally derails every commission post. All payments should be discussed in private because here are a few recent post that post payments and the entire thread revolves around them when the payment can easily be negotiated in private once somebody is interested.

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/netdevil-logo-design/243318

Posting a price of 50,000 R$ for example, would just lead to the post generating replies and DMs from people that just want 50,000 R$ and because the Public Recruitment category is open there will always be an influx of people who barely know how to do GFX replying like there has been in the past few threads I’ve looked at.

Like I said earlier, payment will NOT be discussed here at all and anybody interested in this commission should privately message us.

5 Likes

There needs to be payment if people come here how would they know what the payment is it can’t, be discuss in private it has to be public to everyone. Please fix this up!!

1 Like

The OP has already said he won’t be so continuing to ramble on here when he’s already made his choice and stated why is just derailing the thread. Just contact him or don’t take the commission. :woman_shrugging:

If that was your reasoning for not putting in payment, it seems like it totally backfired. A majority of the sources you mentioned were people talking about the commission itself and the severe underpaid work that they were offering.

People like to see a price range, so they know they’re not going to be underpaid, yes? Everyone on the DevForum has a different standard of payment - to someone, 1k could be a high price for an icon - and for most, that would be a complete waste of time.

I don’t think you understand my argument here…

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.