[hitsquad] Interstellar

[center]With collaboration from VolcanoINC and CentauriStudios
[sub]Edit: Updates will no longer be posted here check out our website for more updates!
[/sub]
http://rbx-interstellar.com/blog/

We’re proud to announce Interstellar!

FAQ:
Q:What is Interstellar
A:Interstellar is what we hope to be the first of its kind.
Our goal is to make this the best space game on ROBLOX.

Q:What makes it different from every other space game?
A: Well I mean come on? Most of the space games you walk up to your shuttle press y to fly around and explore the same planets over and over again.

Q:Okay? So what makes it different
A: Well its a procedurally generated universe meaning everything will be different every time you join.

Q:How is that even possible?
A: Well using httpservice and powerful servers and lot’s of math and universes. It’s doable :slight_smile:

Q:What features do you have?
A:
[ol]
[li]Realistic Combat.[/li]
[li]Procedural Universe[/li]
[li]Global Markets[/li]
[li]Trading[/li]
[li]Classes[/li]
[li]Ship Upgrading[/li]
[li]Massively Scaled[/li]
[li]Sector Generation[/li]
[li]Ship Customization[/li]

[/ol]

Q: Can we see a video?
A: Sure but beware its still in early stages of development so this may or may not be in the final game.

Q: Release date?
A: We’re hoping to have an early alpha out by virtual bloxcon.

Q:Can I help?
A: We’re looking for skilled builders shoot me an email at rbxrootx@gmail.com[/center]

I like the idea of the universe being different every time you join.

I’m glad I just feel bad for my servers.

I like the combat system, but I don’t like the fact we have the constraints of the ‘ship’ the player is in.

You should do something like was pictured in the first few seconds of this video:

Another thing you could do is provide the option to toggle between ‘first person’ like that and a third person view.

Just my opinion anyway. Don’t mind the fact that I also referenced a SNES game.

This looks really cool! Although, I’d recommend making the ships render local so you can have interpolation. The movement from other ships looked very jittery.

[quote] I like the combat system, but I don’t like the fact we have the constraints of the ‘ship’ the player is in.

You should do something like was pictured in the first few seconds of this video:

Another thing you could do is provide the option to toggle between ‘first person’ like that and a third person view.

Just my opinion anyway. Don’t mind the fact that I also referenced a SNES game. [/quote]

Well we had that at first so putting it as an option is something we can consider. We’re thinking of doing something similar to this

Being able to basically look around the cockpit

I am part of Centauri Studios and we are also on planning on replacing the cockpit and have more detail looking ones. We’ve looked into using surface guis for the some of the display.

Cool, this will be fun.

Here’s a tiny preview on the next upcoming update!

For early access go here: http://www.roblox.com/Interstellar-Prototype-0-0-4c-place?id=159625450

[quote] Here’s a tiny preview on the next upcoming update!

For early access go here: http://www.roblox.com/Interstellar-Prototype-0-0-4c-place?id=159625450

[/quote]
Cry at 75R$ :frowning:

Price is going down soon, don’t worry :slight_smile:

Cry at no ROBUX and no BC

There has been an update, check it out!

We have added AI to the latest update :slight_smile: and the price is cheaper now!

Are you using BodyGyros? Like, how are you moving the ships, since the fly upside down.

We are using CFrame.

New trailer for Interstellar!

[quote] New trailer for Interstellar!

If you were to hide the mouse it would make it look, 100x better.

[quote] New trailer for Interstellar!

If you were to hide the mouse it would make it look, 100x better.[/quote]

Yeah, already suggested that. The next trailer will have it, rootx said.

Still looking for a builder? I can do small stuff possibly a few ships if I have time.

Ex

Its a bit messy right now sorry.