Hitting enter in a textbox places a carriage return before finalizing input (broken again)

2 of my plugins broke because of this.
2020-08-22_11-14-09
2020-08-22_11-13-23

Note: Sound Library is GollyGreg’s, but I fixed it.

3 Likes

@0xabcdef1234 This bug seems to be back

5 Likes

It’s back for Macs only, as far as I can tell.

1 Like

Windows 7 user there. Like I mentioned earlier, 2 plugins of mine broke because of this.

1 Like

Also am experiencing this today, I noticed it while trying to use the Tag Editor plugin and it was adding a really hard to track down carriage return at the end of newly created tags :grimacing:

2 Likes

I am now currently facing this problem where when I type a word in the toolbox and press enter, it automatically puts a space after the word leading the results like low quality/spam items. This is a very annoying problem. Many people are facing it. Is there some sort of way to make it stop doing that?

Pic:

1 Like

I’m a Windows 8 user and it’s happening to me.

Sorry, I’ll reiterate.

The issue using the Chatted event is occurring to Mac users. As far as plugins and related items go, it appears that it happens to everyone.

1 Like

This issue is happening to me in Studio on Windows 10.

1 Like

The issue here (always carriage returning upon pressing Enter in studio / sometimes in-game, especially when holding CTRL) is caused by a FFlag created and turned on two days ago named ImmHandlerFixJapaneseAndKorean2, and is turned on for all platforms + studio. Turning this off in studio through FFlag editing fixes this problem in its entirety, though it can’t be dealt with in-game.

9 Likes

This seems to be causing the Tag Editor plugin to stop working too… tag names created with it seem to have a newline character at the end of their names which makes them unusable.

2 Likes

CREDITS TO @sjr04 FOR THIS MESSAGE

Not a bug, at least not the bug you say it is is relevant, the issue where pressing enter makes a carriage return ( \r ) has leaked into studio search box as well.

Searching without pressing enter:

Searching with pressing enter:

(notice the arrow)
So for now to get better results click the magnifying glass after done typing your query and you will get better results.

CREDITS TO @sjr04 FOR THIS MESSAGE

This is basically incapaz’s message just shared lol.

Just wanted to add this issue is affecting the collision groups editor as well, as a workaround you can create the collision groups through the command bar.

Its probably because roblox is assuming you want to write another line on roblox studio, I’m not 100% sure if this is correct.

As most of us already know, I can confirm that the issue is still present and I was just affected by this. Are there currently any solutions for in-game fixes?

Any news of a fix coming soon? I feel like this is pretty urgent.

This should be fixed now. It was caused this time by a change made on Friday that’s reverted now.

13 Likes

The glitch is still happening with the Collision Groups editor.

I have the same glitch while searching in the In-Studio Library

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.