Hitting enter in a textbox places a carriage return before finalizing input (broken again)

This issue is happening to me in Studio on Windows 10.

1 Like

The issue here (always carriage returning upon pressing Enter in studio / sometimes in-game, especially when holding CTRL) is caused by a FFlag created and turned on two days ago named ImmHandlerFixJapaneseAndKorean2, and is turned on for all platforms + studio. Turning this off in studio through FFlag editing fixes this problem in its entirety, though it can’t be dealt with in-game.

9 Likes

This seems to be causing the Tag Editor plugin to stop working too… tag names created with it seem to have a newline character at the end of their names which makes them unusable.

2 Likes

CREDITS TO @sjr04 FOR THIS MESSAGE

Not a bug, at least not the bug you say it is is relevant, the issue where pressing enter makes a carriage return ( \r ) has leaked into studio search box as well.

Searching without pressing enter:

Searching with pressing enter:

(notice the arrow)
So for now to get better results click the magnifying glass after done typing your query and you will get better results.

CREDITS TO @sjr04 FOR THIS MESSAGE

This is basically incapaz’s message just shared lol.

Just wanted to add this issue is affecting the collision groups editor as well, as a workaround you can create the collision groups through the command bar.

Its probably because roblox is assuming you want to write another line on roblox studio, I’m not 100% sure if this is correct.

As most of us already know, I can confirm that the issue is still present and I was just affected by this. Are there currently any solutions for in-game fixes?

Any news of a fix coming soon? I feel like this is pretty urgent.

This should be fixed now. It was caused this time by a change made on Friday that’s reverted now.

13 Likes

The glitch is still happening with the Collision Groups editor.

I have the same glitch while searching in the In-Studio Library

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.