Holding tool overrides r6 torso animation

So I have this walk animation but if I hold a tool and walk it makes the torso stay still but the other body parts move cuz of the animation. Here is a video:

I don’t know what to do.

1 Like

You may have accidentally created a keyframe for the torso without knowing. Maybe check the animation if there is one? (That is, if you’re using an animation plugin and not scripts.)

I didnt add an animation to the tool. I just want it to hold out normally. but it still overrides the torso

What is your walk animation’s priority?

The animation priority is Action

Tool’s override normal animations, meaning the solution would be to create an animation for the tool that is identical to roblox’s normal animation, except without animating the torso.

I’ve tried this. But it errors saying: W001: (3,91) Unknown global 'HoldAnim'

Here is the script:

local Player = game.Players.LocalPlayer

local Character = Player.Character or Player.CharacterAdded:Wait()

local LoadAnim = Character:WaitForChild("Humanoid"):WaitForChild("Animator"):LoadAnimation(HoldAnim)

local HoldAnim = Instance.new("Animation")

HoldAnim.AnimationId = "http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id=6860300152"

local tool = script.Parent

tool.Equipped:connect(function()

LoadAnim:Play()

end)

tool.Unequipped:connect(function()

LoadAnim:Stop()

end)

HoldAnim variable should be above loadAnim variable.

1 Like

well it worked but it still happens. The animation overrides it still. even if its a custom one

I had the same issue as you and did that, it was really simple, if you take the default “Animate” script and change toolnone animation for a custom one, which is just one keyframe on the right arm, and set it to “idle” it will work, i just did that and it works fine now. I know you problably fixed it already or you aren’t working on this anymore but hopefully someone else will find this helpful

Roblox’s default tool holding animation overrides the walking animations and your animations. you can try removing them by making an animation with no keyframes and put this script into serverscriptservice:

local NOHANDOUT_ID = 0000000 -- paste animation without keyframes here

local function DisableHandOut(character)
	local Animator = character.Animate
	local Animation = Instance.new("Animation")
	Animation.AnimationId = "http://www.roblox.com/asset/?id="..NOHANDOUT_ID

local ToolNone = Animator:FindFirstChild("toolnone")

if ToolNone then
		local NewTool = Instance.new("StringValue")
		NewTool.Name = "toolnone"
		Animation.Name = "ToolNoneAnim"
		Animation.Parent = NewTool
		ToolNone:Destroy()
		NewTool.Parent = Animator
	end
end

game.Players.PlayerAdded:Connect(function(player)
	player.CharacterAdded:Connect(function(character)
		DisableHandOut(character)
	end)
end)

hope this makes sense

3 Likes