Holiday Developer Game Jam 2020!

Lol, I did. I looked back at it and just was about to delete my reply :laughing:

This is how the Halloween sort should of been done, (Like judging for effort, creativity and stuff.)

Hello! I have a question. Does everything in-game have to be created 100% by us? Could we use some things from the toolbox such as SFX?

Congratulations sir you have found the funny

I was so disappointed in myself for missing out on the Spooktober event. With that in mind, I’m planning to work on a Spooky Christmas game with 6 people. Hope this works out well.

Edit: I also have a question regarding how would you guys detect if someone is cheating. I mean sure they can sign 6 people in the paper but what IF they have more developers helping them behind Roblox’s back?

1 Like

Just got my team together and I can’t wait to show you what we have in store :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

We are working in a team of 3 Including myself. 2 builds and 1 Scripter. This should be fun!

1 Like

Does everyone on the team have to submit a forum, or just the team leader?

Just the team leader. There is a section in the form to list your team members.

I also have another question; do we start as soon as we submit, or do we start when the deadline is for submissions?

1 Like

How many groups can i participate in?

1 Like

3-6 team members you have too have a team

1 Like

Please may redue my survey i forgot one of my teammate’s (I’m a idiot) @Christmas_Treasure it going under kjackcephas123456789

1 Like

I think they’re relying on an honor system here.

1 Like

We decided to give you guys a whole month as a lot of people are busy during the holiday season with either holidays, family, or school! A lot of Devs are also busy pushing Holiday updates for their games so this gives them an extended amount of time to participate.

We’ll be looking at the creation place date mainly, plus we believe that Holiday/Winter theme is kind of specific :wink:

As long as you’re listed in a group in someone’s form, then you can leave it to one person, however, you can have everyone submit a form if you’d like.

I answered these in our DM, but I’ll answer here as well in case anyone else was wondering. Yes, yes, and yes.

Definitely!

Open-source models, free to use assets, and assets you own are fine! As long as you can make it work wonderfully. :smiley:

The user you missed can also fill out a form and add himself to the group.

Feel free to! That would be cool.

Yup!!

As previously mentioned, as long as it’s free assets, provided to you by Roblox or whatever, it’s fine. Just don’t steal others’ work!

While we can’t specifically tell, if you do have more than 6, the people who aren’t listed won’t receive any prizes or recognition if they do win.

Only one group!

5 Likes

How about icon creation? Will icons/game art be judged as well or just the game/gameplay itself?

1 Like

Those would definitely add some points if there was one. :eyes:

4 Likes

This looks so fun! Can’t wait to participate.

3 Likes

I’d think they would allow open source modules, but probably not free to use assets. You could probably use your own assets that you made prior to the jam too, but I’m not entirely sure.

Got my team together, cant wait to participate!!

Ohkay…what if i submit the form, but certain members quit the process? Are we allowed to submit another form?

1 Like