Holsterservice - Really Easy Tool Holstering Module

I’d just make a custom function for it by doing something like
weapon.Weapon:Destroy()

when you use createWeapon it returns a table with the weapon (weapon model) and the owner (owner of the weapon)

3 Likes

Okay thanks! If you’re able to index the model using weapon.Weapon could you do something like this?

weapon.Weapon = NewWeaponModel

Or would that break it?

(Sorry to keep bugging you)

2 Likes

Well, it’s complicated.
I am pretty sure that changing a variable inside of a function/thread creates a local clone of it just for that function

I could be wrong but something similar to that happens for me.

Changing the weapon model (I don’t know why you’d do this) can break it depending on the context, for example if you’re using clientcast/raycasthitbox or indexing a part in the model that the new model doesn’t have will break.

If you’re making a tool swapping system like a shikai from bleach it may be quite unoptimal, or you might need to create a whole new model

I’ll incorporate a changemodel function later maybe

Please give a big further context on why you want to change the model, or if you were just giving me an example of referencing the model

Also, I might change weapon.Weapon into weapon.Model

2 Likes

In the game I’m making, over the course of the game you get better weapons so I was just trying to see if there was an easy way to change the model. I can probably figure something out.

Thanks!

You can edit the module to your liking for custom behaviour like this, but I might push an update to allow stuff like this easily, for now you can probably add a function called
weapons:ChangeModel()
to the module and edit the behaviour however you want to if you know OOP

2 Likes

yo i’m the guy who made that
all you gotta use is a spring module and the torso’s velocity
after that you can apply the position from the spring to the C0
it’s like applying the mouse delta to make a viewmodel lerp smoothly

2 Likes

yea ive already made my own thru the fe gun kit spring module and editing the c1 and stuff with spring accelerate and all that, thanks for the help tho!

3 Likes

Can you make this also for R15? I think that would be way cooler and look cooler aswell

1 Like

This should work for both R6 and R15, what problems are you experiencing?
if you’re trying to holster a weaponinstance just replace “Torso” with “UpperTorso”, the first argument is what limb it should be relative to (hence how it works with custom rigs etc)

1 Like

Can you add physics into the module.

1 Like

What do you mean by this? Are you talking about something simular to the example videos i sent here?

1 Like

Ooohhhh my bad I thought this was made for R6 only so I didn’t bother trying to change it to UpperTorso thanks!

1 Like

I do have a question which I don’t know if it’s really related to your module but still somewhat related, How can I easily change the CFrame of the C0 without having to play, test, stop, change repeat. Do you know of any plugin or whatever that lets you change it on the spot? I would love something like that.

Yes I am talking about something similar to the video sent.

I have no clue lol! You can TRY using a tool to figure out the tool position, then changing it to a model with the same motor6d C0 as the tool’s position. but I have no clue and haven’t tried this before.
The most optimal way for me is just trial and error, but there is another thing you can do.

Just Play, edit the motor6d while in game, copy it when you have a good result, exit, then paste it into the script.

Yeah I just figured that out after I posted the question haha thank you anyways! This module is really usefull

1 Like

If more support for this gets added, maybe I’ll add it into the module directly, for now if you want this you’ll have to edit the module using the solution the creator of those made.

This is for the weld version.

I am asking for ballsocket sdolution

1 Like

The ballsocket method was bugging out alot and stuff from what the creator said, but ill give u it to see what works for you. It’s very unstable.

He said he added a ballsocket to an attachment in the torso and another attachment in a weapon, thats literally it lol

The ball-socket solution is quite unstable if you do not set the parts of the weapon/other to massless. It will affect the physics of the player. And when changing its state it may move the player a bit as it does not instantly get in position (holster position/offset).