Horror game but I don't know what about

Hello everyone! :wave::slightly_smiling_face:
So I’m creating a first-person horror game. I have the mechanics (flashlights, movements, atmosphere), but I don’t have any idea about what I could make it.

I’m asking everyone to bring in ideas so I could make a successful game. :wink:

1 Like

Is to be scary or fun? Does have any lore in it? Who is it marketed to?

I’ve always been intrigued by the idea of a psychological horror game called something like “Dreams”

Basically, every time you “wake up”, something happens, or you might be in a new place. Soon, you can’t tell if you are dreaming or not. (Yes, I got some inspiration from Moon Knight)

I think it would be really scary, and would be even better if you make the story centered around a specific person or thing that keeps showing up.

Good luck on your game :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d recomnend brainstorming ideas yourself, if people suggest you ideas here and you take one of them, then others could end up taking the same idea and make a higher quality version of your game (which would be bad for you)

1 Like

I’ve got this pretty good idea. Up to you and your knowledge if you want to turn this idea into reality.

The game is meant to be a sad horror game, with the main character(s) falling into insanity after their minds trick them into thinking their loved ones turned into monsters. The MC(s) are then put into a mental asylum, where they are supposedly stuck for the rest of their lives.

Game has 3 (or more) endings: 1 where you fall into insanity and “they” consume your thoughts (achieveable by using too many untested* pills at once)
2 where you escape the facility (early on, without doing many of the puzzles) and fall unconscious on the road, where
you inevitably pass out and die.
3 go through the whole game, don’t exit through the beginning

puzzle ideas:

• one of the first puzzles is trying to cure a person from laughing(or crying) uncontrollably. There are pills in real life called “Nuedexta” that help with that. Here’s a twist: If you don’t know what you’re doing and you give the person too many pills, they die, leading to possibly another ending to your choice

• for the final puzzle, something to do with symbols and gods, uncovering the mystery of the asylum, and that you’ve never been insane, everything was real (e.g. you find a transparent vat containing a monster that looks like one who chased you earlier in the game). The game ends with shaking letters saying “They deceived you.”; “You know what to do.” and a knife
    appears on a table (I’ll leave it up to you)

there are pills

• Untested health pill (+hp, -sanity)

• Tested Health Pill (+hp, but doesn’t occasionally spawn)

“Little Red Pill”(aka Nuedexta) = as mentioned above, a pill used to help with people laughing or crying, possibly killing them due to the pill not being tested enough and you giving them too many pills at once

This was an idea I had for a few weeks, but since I’m not that great at developing, I feel like it’s more useful if someone else wants to take it.
If you don’t understand something related to the story, you can ask

EDIT: Might not want to call the pills “Little red Pill” or Nuedexta, but instead give them a new name, as I’ve not informed myself that much with them and don’t want to cause confusion. All I know is that they’re Approved by the FDA but not that great (again, could be wrong)

1 Like