How can I learn to script like a pro?

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I want to be a very good scripter I know the basics.

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I can’t find anyways to learn scripting in Roblox.

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    I watched almost all scripting videos and I learned a few things but not enough to make a game.

7 Likes

Watching Scripting Tutorials on youtube and purchasing LUA Scripting Books are both very good options, usually, people seem to not learn from them because they get bored too easily. Scripting is about patience, if you have no patience, you are no scripter.

AlvinBlox is one of the best ROBLOX Scripting YouTuber which gives simple and comprehensive beginner scripting tutorials. Simply take time and pay attention to the videos and you’ll understand.

Good luck,
nino133

1 Like

1st. Dude you have to watch tutorials. There could be no way you can’t learn from them. 2nd If you have any problems, just ask in the forum! 3rd. See model’s scripts if you can’t seem to understand. 4th. Don’t start off big, do smaller projects rather than huge ones.

2 Likes

There’s plenty of guides on the Developer Forum that cover how you can accomplish this. Here’s what I found from a quick search:

5 Likes

If the game idea is a game far away from your capacity, try making smaller games. No one can make a big game. I tried once, but failed. My advice is to start off small.

You can’t just become a “good” scripter instantly, it takes a lot of practice in order to become one and even still you’ll struggle a whole lot

Also, please do refer to these other topics:

I suggest you to watch the devking’s series. Beginner and advanced. Ask questions on the forums, don’t be afraid to ask. Use the devhub, really useful.

Learn scripting from Content Creators like AlvinBlox, TheDevKing, both give very detailed and descriptive info on scripting. Lua is also a good start to learn more types of scripts.

When you start, you should practice once you feel comfortable with scripting. And when you start learning more advance scripting lessons, it could take hours, possibly several days for you to fix/understand something, even with help. This is the stage I am at, but being patient is the key to building and scripting. So as everything else!

Only SOME are complicated.

Good luck.

1 Like

Best advice I can give is to google literally everything you see on any tutorial. If you don’t know exactly what everything does, google it. If you still can’t piece the concept together after a lot of google, continue learning how to program other things, keep using google as you learn things, and over time you will start to understand the code.

Use roblox and lua documentation aswell. These provide information on specific things and can be very helpful to understanding your code.

tbh I learned TypeScript in 2 weeks just by doing it on my own but for lua it took me alot of months and it was all because I coded everything myself (no tutorials and no guides) only help

I am not a beginner. His videos aren’t that good I can’t really understand them.
But thank you for trying.

I don’t think these ideas work. I tried all of them expect the 2nd.
but thank you for trying.

I am sorry. But this did not really help me. Thank you for trying.

How did you learn how to script because I’m still trash

1 Like

I tired this before. Thank you for trying though.

I learned how to script but I sill need more to learn, how did you learn it if you didn’t watch tutorials? Because I’ve legit watches EVERY tutorial and barely know a bit of LUA.

1 Like

I watched it all. But thank you.

I learned the basics from TheDevKing.

Oh okay but what about the others except basics? I think I’m all done with basics.

I get it now thank you for doing this.

1 Like