How can i make my custom Proximity Prompt clickable?

I am trying to make a custom proximity prompt, and all is going well EXCEPT the fact that it ISN’T clickable (Which is needed for mobile support).

This should definitely be possible, but I haven’t been able to find any other people who have had the same issue.

2 Likes

Where is the script that handles the pressing???

1 Like

It’s just a normal proximity prompt that has the style set to custom. I want it to work for all custom proximity prompts in the game, so the script that handles an individual prompt shouldn’t matter.

This may help

The actual prompt, ui and stuff is done. It works normally - I just need help with making it clickable/touchable (for mobile users)

Since there’s no MouseButton1Down and MouseButton1Up equivalents events for touch users, i suggest using InputBegan, InputChanged and InputEnded events to handle mobile user input.

1 Like

Hey there,

I think that ProximityPrompts are clickable for mobile users by default, it has an property called: ClickablePrompt, please make sure it is checked.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help but i’ve managed to find the answer:

All you have to do is make the prompt’s textbutton trigger InputHoldBegin() when the mouse is down and vice versa:

if inputtype == Enum.ProximityPromptInputType.Touch or prompt.ClickablePrompt then
			local button = gui.TextButton

local buttonDown = false

button.InputBegan:Connect(function(input)
				if (input.UserInputType == Enum.UserInputType.Touch or input.UserInputType == Enum.UserInputType.MouseButton1) and
					input.UserInputState ~= Enum.UserInputState.Change then
					prompt:InputHoldBegin()
					buttonDown = true
				end
			end)
			button.InputEnded:Connect(function(input)
				if input.UserInputType == Enum.UserInputType.Touch or input.UserInputType == Enum.UserInputType.MouseButton1 then
					if buttonDown then
						buttonDown = false
						prompt:InputHoldEnd()
					end
				end
			end)

gui.Active = true
		end
1 Like

i did not understand im also having the same issue.