How Can I position a mesh when welded to another mesh

So I have a mesh rig (the snowman bear) and I’m am trying to make a mesh accessory that can connect to the bear while animating

after looking at this tutorial, it worked, i was able to connect the mesh accessory to the mesh rig …

BUT the only problem is that I cannot position the accessory mesh to where I want it after it is welded, when the accessory is automatically moved to the center position of the rig. (which is odd considering you should be able to do that with weld constraints, at least with parts)

733721621682842338d24239035539c6

In the Dev Forum comment I showed earlier, it stated that in order to be able to manipulate the position of the second mesh, you should play around with the bone properties, but it got nowhere, So Im wondering is there a way I can move it properly, is there something I did wrong?.

1 Like

There are a few options you can use:

1. Motor6d the hat onto the Mesh, now you’ll be able to animate it when you animate the bones.
  2. Move a part constantly on the position of the bone then weld the hat onto that part.
1 Like

Weld constraints are useful because they make the part follow the connected part but then the position is changeable

1 Like

Even after connecting a motor6D to both parts, i still have the same results as using a weld constraint

I even messed around with the C0 and C1 properties but to no avail.

Note: Both the hat and rig are meshes, and they both have bones. (‘BoneH’ is the bone accosiated with the hat)