How can I put a destroyable decal onto Terrain?

I know Decals exist, but I want to make something similar to this post:

I’m not gonna be moving the Decal, so I don’t mind if it’s not a projection. The part where my post is different is the fact that I want the Decal to be destroyable.

My game is a craft-and-escape game and I want to let the player know that they’re supposed to put a bomb in that position to break out of the tunnel. If I use a Part with a SurfaceGui on it, the SurfaceGui won’t bend around the terrain like in the post above. Even if it does, the X will stay there after you blow up the wall. How can I combine both of these features? (Think of how spray paint works in real life. That’s what I want in my game.)

3 Likes

I think you’re just going to have to make the terrain in that area flat and put a Part with a Decal on it.

2 Likes

I don’t think there is any possible way to put a decal on terrain, but you can use a mesh, since you want that curved look. You could model a mesh the same shape and curve as the terrain, place it over the terrain, make it fully transparent, put a decal on it and you have it! Hope this help :smiley:

I want the player to destroy that part of the Terrain, so the MeshPart will just be floating with this method. :confused:

1 Like

You could script the mesh to disappear when the terrain is destroyed.

1 Like

Yeah, but as far as I know, there’s no real way to do this without huge performance issues and maintenance problems (think like invisible anchored parts that sense explosions)

1 Like