How can I ragdoll a skinned mesh?

Hey, I know that this has been discussed before, but I’m trying to create a ragdoll effect on a skinned

Currently, my model only contains one mesh with its bones inside. This is my file structure:

If just resolving it within Roblox Studio isn’t possible, could I possibly fix the model in Blender by separating each limb? Would the bones still behave properly?

Any input is greatly appreciated :smiley:

3 Likes

You are the most important thing to look for so as not to spoil the subject. did you search?

1 Like

first result on google How do I make a Skinned Mesh into a ragdoll with a script?

1 Like

I did read through that post, but I still don’t know what they meant by this:

1, chop the mesh into separate limbs(Doesnt Have To Be R-15) And then using motor6d’s to connect them like a normal rig.

2 Likes

I don’t know, but I do know the R15

1 Like

My skinned model isn’t an R15 character. Do I need to separate the limbs in blender? If so, how would I do that?

1 Like

i think that means to have them be each an individual meshpart

I expect you did everything wrong

1 Like

I have a skinned mesh model. The model only contains one mesh. How would I separate each limb in blender and still have the bones work properly?

1 Like

At the other part of the statement it says " And then using motor6d’s to connect them like a normal rig." so you would connect them with a motor6d and you can have seperate meshes that are connected by bones atleast i think so i am not 100% sure

Yes, I get the rigging and the scripting part. The issue is how would I separate the limbs while also maintaining the bones and their weights.

1 Like