How can I start Animating on Roblox?

I’ve just recently come back to Roblox and would like to try a new hobby, a few months ago before I took a break, I was into building but now I’m not as into it as I used to.

I’ve looked on a few platforms for answers such as Youtube, but they don’t have all the infomation I need to begin Animating…

What is the best software to use? (I’d prefer free ones, but recommend any)

If you have any other tips on how to begin animating please let me know!

Thank you and have a nice Day!

-Aebics
(Ps: If this is the wrong catagory, please let me know!)

(EDIT: I forgot to clarify that the kind of animating im talking about is the youtube animations such as: Notive, Snyfort and others…)

1 Like

I have the same question I was gonna make a post about it,

I recommend blender cause its free but it can be pretty complicated sometimes

2 Likes

If you’re referring to animations for avatars, I’d recommend taking a look at this discussion thread here. I think it’s pretty informative.

1 Like

If you’re talking about simple keyframe animations on roblox that people record and have effects/stuff, you can use moon-animator, it allows you to play scripts/certain things during certain moments and animate the camera.

If you want to get more complicated like Profine level, use blender and or Cinema4D or 3DsMax/Autodesk Maya? (I dont know maya things/autodesk things) if you’re into that. It’ll require some more learning to use it though.

1 Like

I can advise you to study the information on the Developer Hub. This Website will teach you everything from scratch. The main thing is to want to learn.

1. If you want to learn how to create animations , save them, learn how to use Animation Editor, then this information is for you Using the Animation Editor
  2. If you want to learn how to import animations, use your custom animations in your game, then this theme is perfect for you
    Using Animations in Games
  3. If you want to learn all about animation, that is, learn the whole class , find out what functions It supports. Then this information is for you Animation
  4. I want to advise you to also watch the training at Alvin_Blox. He tells it well and clearly . Here’s a video where he talks about animation. Roblox How To Animate - Roblox Animation Tutorial - YouTube

I hope this information will help you :wink:

2 Likes

I will look at them all, thanks very much!

I never really animate al lot, but when I first tried it out, I used Moon Suite Animation. It’s really easy to use. However, if you’re just starting off, I suggest using the one made by Roblox. Hope this helped!