How can I Upload Videos on Roblox Studio?

Heya, there! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Today, I was looking through little games based on popular young movies, and my mind quickly reminded me of the experience “Despicable Forces Ultimate: Adventure Obby” (created by @TheRobloxUserHD_YT)… In short, it is a continuation of the little storyline sequel from the first minions’ obstacle game, jumping around while watching interesting cutscenes alongside the gameplay.

But, one and only primary part that always makes me wonder is how the game can showcase video frames in specific moments:

As you can see through this little clip, in the right top corner, while on the loading screen, it is possible to see that there is a little frame reproducing the usage of the Gravity Coil gear. This is quite interesting to see, and especially mention, because since April 4th, 2022, ROBLOX announced the capacity of supporting the creation of little recordings and put under VideoFrame:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/video-on-roblox/1743464/

HOWEVER, from the perspective of developers, everyone does not have the power to do so in the main time. Leading to everybody creating “theories” of how come it is not possible…

You will probably say that the creator of the game was a part of the Accelerator and/or Incubator program with the teams of Roblox company that was creating this feature in the demo. Although, if you look at his profile, there is no such evidence showing he was by investigating the groups + inventory (specifically, looking for the Domino crowns that are only available for interns)…

Therefore, as for what I want to achieve within this topic, and its conclusion, how can people do this unique “trick” at Roblox Studio and upload it for their games and/or Creator Marketplace (i.e Toolbox)?

— If anyone is able to respond to this question of mine, that would help me a lot! :relaxed:
Thank you!

2 Likes

Hi.
You’re either supposed to upload every frame yourself, or animate it with UIs or models.
As for now, there are no tricks that can immediately allow you to upload a MP4 into Roblox Studio.

1 Like

Surely enough would be easy to animate using UIs, yet again, this would require uploading a video upon a VideoFrame in the ScreenGUI and or other areas such as SurfaceGUI+BillboardGUI. Perhaps you need to actually upload more than 500+ frames as decals and keep changing within milliseconds, which would be a bit too much and/or might not end as with the “perfect” FPS.

1 Like

Not necessarily, for simple animations such as stickman animations or loading screens, you can indeed do it with purely in-game GUI configurations.

You could upload 25 images per second of video, that would be 250 images for 10 seconds of video, it’s feasible if you make a bot for that. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.