How could I make a dark room like Rooms

I want to make the game get slightly darker with each new room you enter, similar to how the game Rooms does it.

My problem is that I cant figure out how to do that. I’ve tried with GUI, but that covers the whole screen, even if you try to improve your vision with a flashlight. I’ve also tried by changing the time of day, but that doesn’t make it pitch black like it gets in Rooms. I just tried messing around with Lighting settings, but nothing seems to work.

I’ve tried looking around on the DevForum and on YouTube but I seriously can’t find anything. I did find this post, however that only works for if I need the game to become dark FAST. I want it to slowly become darker with each time you open a door, like in Rooms.

Also this is my first post on the DevForum (or really any forum lol) so please help me if I make any particularly annoying formatting mistakes!

Hey, you can change Lighting.Brightness and Lighting.Ambient through a local script whenever the player joins the specific room. Hope it helps.

2 Likes

mess around with lighting or dim lights if you have lights in your game.
specifically brightness and exposurecompensation.

1 Like

use lerp and change the properties of game.lightning

It works! Thanks

30 requirement

glad it does!
filler text
did you know that lua actually means “moon”?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.