Very dark room that can only be lit up with flashlight

Hi, I am currently making a horror game. Currently I made a flashlight that works, but it isn’t for good use because most rooms aren’t even pitch black because of roblox lighting. I tried turning everything in lightning properties to {0,0,0} pitch black.

This is kind of similar to doors dark rooms.

Whenever you enter a dark room in doors, I think they add like a black fog or something. That’s probably how they did it.

That’s true but fog can’t be removed when you use light, or am I wrong? @Lightning_Splash Please tell me what you did. :wink:

Change the brightness of the lighting to 0. It’s that simple.

Okay, you must also change TimeOfDay to 0 and EnvironmentDiffuseScale to 0.

1 Like

I changed the brightness to 0 but I can’t find where it says EnvironmentDiffuse

I just used the search button with make room completely dark and found this Solved post that mentions using Neon walls that are completely black.

This seems to work if you only want to have a few rooms black, but need normal Lighting settings for other rooms.

1 Like

EnvironmentalDiffuseScale and EnvironmentalSpecularScale are the properties you should set to 0.

Ambient, Outdoor Ambient, ColorShift_Top and ColorShift_Bottom should all be 0,0,0.

Make sure to also have a big part above your map, so shadows are cast correctly everywhere.

2 Likes