How could I remake this?

Hey guys, so I’m gonna try to get right to the point here. So, I have these models that are welded together, and then in one part in each model, I have a bodyposition in em, to align the positions of the models. Well, I’ve been having problems with this as BodyMovers are deprecated, and I wanted to see if I could get help on how I could convert this system to use the new physics movers, if any direct help would be available. It seems very confusing to me as to how I can get it to work, keeping the welds and stuff, and I checked into it, and attachments require two parts to connect to, which confuses me, because I’m not sure what those two parts would be…

Any help would be appreciated!

Any ideas on this?? If I’m missing any key information just lemme know and I’ll try to provide that for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

Could you describe what you are doing with more detail? You have two models that you want to align?

Do you mean like a turret top floating at a position above the turret base?
If so, you might want to use an AlignPosition object with attachments at the locations you want aligned. New Body Movers in Studio

1 Like

Well, basically, I have this model, that’s welded all together, and in one of those parts I put in a body position to tween it smoothly to whatever position I want it to go to. I’ve noticed since bodymovers are deprecated, sometimes I experience rendering issues, which made me look into converting it to use the new physics movers. But, what confuses me, is that if I were to add an AlignPosition (supposedly the equivalent of BodyPosition) it says it requires two attachments. Not exactly sure what the second attachment would need to be?
Kind of throws me off. Any examples or help on this would be appreciated! Thanks for the reply, by the way. :stuck_out_tongue:

Okay, so here’s how AlignPosition works:

• You have two Attachments, Attachment0 and Attachment1. Let’s call them “0” and “1”. 0 should be an attachment in the part your force is in.

• 1 should be an attachment in a separate part. This is the part that 0 will try to reach. Every time 1 moves, 0 will try to reach it.

Voila! Keep note that there’s tons of settings for AlignPosition to change how it reaches its destination.

3 Likes

Very interesting. I’ll try to mess around with it, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like