How do I become a popular game maker and make my games popular?

You may have seen this title before but I would like to know how

1. Make my game/s popular/famous

2. Don’t know how to make my games popular

3. Google did not help me

Thanks,
Thecat5759

5 Likes

Make a nice appealing game and youll grow a playerbase and be recognised!

4 Likes

Okay

[Post must be at least 30 chars]

2 Likes

There’s no cheat codes to being popular, it’s all about experience and studying. I’ll simply put it in a list:

• Have experience in developing projects/games

• Knowledge in fields - Programming or designing, or if you are in a team

• Studying successful games, question yourself on why you think players are enjoying the game and figure what makes it fun

There’s a lot of variables on becoming successful, but it all starts with experience and then you will have the chance and shot at becoming successful. If you really want to succeed, I’d watch a bunch of tutorials on programming Lua and knowing your way around Roblox Studio. As a start, YouTube and Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub are good.

8 Likes

Try to ask for critics from big developers, easy to find big developers in this game: Game Tracker - Roblox

• Work hard. There are no shortcuts to lasting success. Learning new skills takes a lot of time.
  • Think of a unique idea and genre. Few people like copycat games.
  • Be patient with yourself. You won’t make a perfect game on your first try, but the experience you gain will be valuable.
  • Learn how to market. Build up your status as a reliable developer by self-promoting on the DevForums, ROBLOX, and social media.
  • Work with people you can trust. Most popular games on ROBLOX are made by a team of devs. Find some friends and ask them to work with you. Your work will be completed more quickly and your creativity will be improved.

Out of all my friends irl who play roblox dont know how to build. But I can build a normal sized base plate map in around 2 - 4 weeks

One thing nobody here has brought up is, well, money. Yes, you can get lucky and make it big without spending anything, but it’s unlikely. At some point you’ll likely need to spend something, either to hire someone to help work on your game, or to market the game so players can play it.

That said, that’s not something you need to really worry about right now. Just focus on learning how to build/script as best you can come, focus on coming up with an idea, find people to help you if you want, and worry about being popular later.

Another way to get robux is commissions! You can work on scripting and doo commissions and make your game and advertise.

I already know how to build almost realistic stuff and I can kinda script in LUA

Make an unique game so others will like to play!