How do i divide a wedge into two wedges?

How would i divide a single WedgePart, into two ( or 4 ) separate objects?

Like this:

or like this

The most i can do is turn a brick into two wedges. But this? This is a like trying to beat the worlds hardest game.

Some help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

4 Likes

Well, this is not possible. Roblox wedges are right angled triangles which means that when you split it up as you did, it will be impossible to create 2 right angled triangles like that. The only case where this will be possible is when the triangle has 2 of its sides of equal length.

To split the triangle up in the way you wanted, you will need 4 triangles done in such an arrangement:

1 Like

True, but i’m ok with that. Just as long as there’s an achievable way to do it.

Also i hope you don’t mind if i borrow that picture to update the thread. :sweat_smile:

EDIT: Misunderstood OP’s objective

I’ve figured it out! It was actually quite easy! All you really needed to do was duplicate the wedge 4 times, and then size and move the wedge pieces into their positions.

local Wedge = workspace.Wedge

local Part1 = Wedge:Clone()
Part1.Size = Part1.Size / Vector3.new(1, 2, 2)
Part1.CFrame = Part1.CFrame * CFrame.new(0, Part1.Size.Y / 2, Part1.Size.Z / 2) 
Part1.Parent = workspace

local Part2 = Wedge:Clone()
Part2.Size = Part2.Size / Vector3.new(1, 2, 2)
Part2.CFrame = Part2.CFrame * CFrame.new(0, Part2.Size.Y / -2, Part2.Size.Z / 2) * CFrame.Angles(math.rad(180), math.rad(180) ,0)
Part2.Parent = workspace

local Part3 = Wedge:Clone()
Part3.Size = Vector3.new(Part3.Size.X, Part3.Size.Z / 2, Part3.Size.Y / 2)
Part3.CFrame = Part3.CFrame * CFrame.new(0, Part3.Size.Z / -2, Part3.Size.Y / 2) * CFrame.Angles(math.rad(90), 0, 0)
Part3.Parent = workspace

local Part4 = Wedge:Clone()
Part4.Size = Vector3.new(Part4.Size.X, Part4.Size.Z / 2, Part4.Size.Y / 2)
Part4.CFrame = Part4.CFrame * CFrame.new(0, Part4.Size.Z / -2, Part4.Size.Y / -2) * CFrame.Angles(math.rad(90), 0, math.rad(180))
Part4.Parent = workspace

Wedge:Destroy()