How do I fix this?

I can’t open roblox studio because of this bug meaning I can’t get any work done, meaning I can’t make money and possibly fired.

Studio.App.Settings.SelectFolderMessageBox Text

Attempted to reinstall both roblox and roblox studio. I also reset all my temp files.

This happened after a fresh installation of windows 11, I go to open studio and I get greeted with this.

This is one of the reasons I moved mostly to UE5.

5 Likes

Legit or fake?

Is the version of Studio up to date?

Have you also restarted your device once or twice?

Legit vers of windows 11. It is not pirated and has a windows key.
Studio is up to date as I reinstalled studio twice and I recently installed windows 11.
I also restarted my pc a couple of times, it has been like this for a few days now.

Also for your information the regular player works perfectly fine.

1 Like

Does it auto open System32 whenever you try to open Studio?

And have you tried running studio as administrator?

Yes, it does.

I tried running as admin and it seems it is still broken. It does the same thing.

Do you happen to have any viruses? I assume you use AVG. (I still use windows 10 and Monterey)

No virus. This is a fresh installation.

Easiest fix for your issues currently would have to be uninstalling and reinstalling the application as stuff might have gotten tampered with and/or moved around.

Already did multiple times, no fix.

I managed to fix this myself. Here is the step by step instructions:

• Uninstall roblox and roblox studio.
  • Open registry editor, be careful not to touch anything you don’t need to touch.
  • Navigate to Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software
  • Delete both Roblox and ROBLOX Corporation. Select yes when the pop-up menu comes up.
  • Install roblox via a game, not studio.
  • You will notice that the problem is still there, thats normal, close the file explorer and then press yes where it says Studio.App.Settings.SelectFolderMessageBoxText
    It is important that you press yes
    It may look like nothing happened, but it worked. Go inside roblox studio and create away! (Also you can close registry editor now, haha)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.