How do I get buttons under this frame to not be clickable?

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? I want buttons under a frame to not be clickable

2. What is the issue? These buttons are still clickable with the frame covering them up. This may be because they are a child of the same frame? (PassDetails is the frame that is holding all the buttons in the middle)

1. What solutions have you tried so far? I’ve tried changing the ZIndex of the popup frame to be higher than the buttons frame, and I’ve tried looking up this problem.

Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening? Thanks for any help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Turn the base of the warning frame into a ImageButton and enable its Modal property. You can quickly do this with @.Eltobb’s plugin Reclass

This seems like a really hacky way to resolve this problem. I’ve tried it out, and I would prefer something that doesn’t make the entire frame a button. Technically, it works (although you’d probably want to turn off AutoButtonColor, and Modal doesn’t seem to have to be enabled for this to work), but I’d like another solution if there is one.

If the mouse icon that appears when you hover over a button is bothering you, you could disable the button’s Active property.

Alternatively, if you would like the base to remain a frame, you could create a button with the base as the parent, set its Image and Background transparencies to 1, have it cover the span of the warning frame, enable Modal and disable Active. Remember to adjust its ZIndex accordingly so it doesn’t overlap your “I Understand” button.

The image button solution did not work for me. Modal enabled, Active enabled and AutoButtonColor disabled.

The buttons below continue to be pressed.

Is there still not a solution for this problem? Why does the “Active” property not work to resolve this issue? If I have a frame covering another frame with buttons, those buttons shouldn’t be interactable. As far as I can tell the only solution to this is to manually disable any buttons under a frame covering them. That seems hacky and completely excessive. If “Active” can stop click through to the 3D world environment why can’t it stop click through of one frame to another in the GUI? I’ve noticed that “Active” will stop click through for screenGUI → screenGUI but not for frames.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.