How do I get rid of these, on the terrain, while retaining the spherical shape?

Hello Devs! Im trying to make mars, using Roblox’s terrain editor. I started of by converting a sphere to terrain of sandstone, but it seems like the bottom part ruins the thing.

How should I fix this? ANy better alternatives? I’m using roblox’s Terrain because it has more detail from what I know and pretty easy to use.

Maybe try painting the texture on the bottom.

How should i do that thou? 30char

The results you want to achieve basically requires you to look into modifying Smooth terrain textures, which is not impossible but extremely hard, to say the least.

I dug through some old threads to find if there were other people also interested in this topic and I found these;

Take note of @Maximum_ADHD 's comment, it highlights how hard it is achieving your desired results.

I actually made a somewhat similar topic, although the thread is not really about modifying smooth terrain textures it will give you a better picture about it. hopefully

Lastly, I also made this topic above and @Aotrou comment maybe can help you out. you can try creating a mesh with a sandstone Texture object and use that said mesh to cover up the below half of your sphere to mask the undesired texture.

This all is some pretty advanced stuff and per my opinion, it’s probably better to tolerate that ugly texture instead of going into Pandora’s Smooth terrain textures box.

edit; grammar

hmm. i see, ill se what i can do. thanks