How do I make a Battle Royale matchmaking system?

Hello guys!
Myself OneShotKillYT, or Tahmidul Fahim!

I’ve been trying to make something for a while, I seem to not know what should I use and how should I use it, So I thought the best way to get some feedback on my idea and help!

What I need help with
I’ve been trying to make a Battle Royale matchmaking system, I know I know, why would you make a BR game, but as I’m working under someone, they told me to make the matchmaking system.

What I’m trying to achieve
I’m trying to make a queue system, where if you press a button you are going to be added into a queue/line/list!
So if there are at least 5 people in a server, the game will start or either way you have to wait 120 sec to get the minimum required player or start it.

After the game has started then I want the server to replicate a place, lets say my place Id is “42069” The place will be replicated and the players will be teleported to that place.

PS : I also want to be able to create my own server though a button, without no robux payment!

What I’m having issue with

So I thought of “TeleportToInstance” but I didn’t understand that properly, on how I would use it. There is no tutorial on the basics of TeleportToInstance.
I didn’t knew any good about TeleportService either. I got a lot of questions! like :

i. Is it compatible for low-end pc users?
ii. Is it the correct thing I’m using, to make something what I’m trying to achieve?
iii. The “TeleportToInstance” I thought of, is it the right thing that I really need to use?

Please if you can help me out!
Dms : OneShotKillYT#3332, discord!
or comment below!

5 Likes

Yes, TeleportService works well for any pc.

I wouldn’t recommend doing the teleports individually, instead you can use ReserveServer to create the server and TeleportToPrivateServer.

Basically, when a player presses to play button, the LocalScript connecting on the MouseButton1Click will FireServer a RemoteEvent and they’ll be added to an array on the server (table.insert).

Once the first player has joined, create a ReservedServer - you’ll want to do this early to ensure the server is up and running.

After 5 players have joined, or 120 seconds have passed TeleportToPrivateServer to the ReservedServer with the array of players.

Make sure to redefine the variable you’re using for the array and ReservedServer.

Once you’ve got the theory behind the system, it’s really quite simple - good luck!

4 Likes

Thank you so much! It’ll help me a lot!!!

1 Like

You could also check Ruddev’s Battle Royale which is open source now.

Thanks! I’ll try and check it out very soon!

Hey, I found the matchmaking module in this topic!

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/v203-matchmakingservice/1483736?u=gamer_zhafran

It’s really easy to use, just follow on the tutorial!
Thank you (sorry for my bad grammar)