How do I make an appealing ad?

Hi. I am new to advertising, and I am trying to create some eye-catching ads that will help make my group popular. It is a doge hangout group. I made 2 ads so far, one got a 1.21% CTR, while the other got a 1.82% CTR. How do I make a good ad that will make people want to join my group as soon as they see the ad? Please let me know what kind of ad YOU would click on, so I can collect some stats and decide what kind of ad to make.
Thanks!

3 Likes

A high CTR isn’t always necessary good in roblox ads, many ads with a High CTR are often clickbaity and don’t have a high retention rate. If your just looking at CTR, then sure, put out a clickbaity ad. But if you’re a ctually wanting to grow your group, include what your group does in the ad, make it look interesting, don’t make a low quality ad with a line of text that falsely represents your group.
Also have you thought about sponsorships?
If you’ve got a game, from what I’ve heard they’re more effective than ads :))

1 Like

Yeah, but I want to advertise my group, not a game. But what kind of ads do you think people find appealing?

One that presents your group for what it is without relying on click bait.

If you want people that are interested in the genre of your group to join it, then you have to appeal to them, appealing to everyone else doesn’t matter.

1 Like

What is the thing that sets your group apart from others? Does it have a theme to it? Is it a unique or funny theme that people will want to join?

If so include those points in your ad

Ok, got it. Thanks. So for a doge hangout group I should simply put doge memes?

Instead of putting in overused doge memes, make some of your own, be unique!
There are a lot of other bigger doge groups out there so what makes yours stand out specifically?

Nothing much that stands out. I think I can make some creative ads though.

1 Like

One thing that hasn’t been brought up here is the art design support forum. You’ll probably get better feedback if you make some ads and bring them to art design to be critiqued. Art design support has many talented artists who can point you in the right direction.

The other replies here provide useful information and I mostly agree with them. It’s a good starting point, but you shouldn’t consider your ad finished until you get art design’s blessing.

Yes, art design would be very good for my ads. The problem is that I am on Chromebook, and they don’t really offer many good art programs. Things like Blender and Photoshop are not compatible with Chromebook. Also, I am very low on robux, so I cannot afford to hire a professional.

You could try Photopea, that’s what I use to make UI, ads, game icons etc. It’s completely free and really useful if you know how to use it properly. Photopea

Here’s a good tutorial on how to make a logo, it also teaches you the basics of Photopea, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZHzgQ7twfI&t

As for designing your ad, I would suggest to use colours that go well together. Colormind is a good website that gives you complimentary colours that go well together. I would also suggest you put emphasis on the words that are important (Group name, what you do etc.)

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@StarterHumanoid mentioned Photopea and Colormind.
I’m sure these are both great (I’ve never tried either), but what personally works for me is
Gnu Image Manipulation Program and Coolors.co. Gnu Image Manipulation Program is a really common open source Photoshop-esque image creating and editing software.
Coolors.co is a great color palette website, (really intuitive).
Hope this helps.