How do i make baked shadows to increase performance on low end devices

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    im trying to achieve Baked Shadows instead of the Real-Time shadows which take up ton of performance
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    i just don’t know how to do it in a terrain that isn’t just a flat terrain, it would be easy on a flat baseplate but on a terrain its less possible i think
  3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    i have found this but it doesn’t work anymore, i don’t know why it errors FilterDescendantsInstances is not safe to modify in parallel

is there any other way or any other script that does it or is it just inpossible?

4 Likes

This is a recent change that Roblox made to parallel Lua. I just updated the script and demo place file of my post to work with the modification.

maybe this might help

this should help show you how to bake the shadows onto textures

i didn’t mean textures, i just mean how to make the baked shadows like everywhere not how to make textures that cast shadows

thanks, now it works, i will try and somehow make it so that it casts the shadows even in not flat surfaces if its possible, if it isnt, still thanks for the script