How do I make my game popular?

I have been working on my game since I learned to script. Crazy Death Zone [CDZ] is my first project, all started in 2021.

I have played with my freinds, I have testers and even small streamers I asked for play they all liked my game and said they will play it again if it gets more players. The rating is also good. I have arround 700 visits but 0 actives…

I updated CDZ last summer. The biggest update I ever made. Everything changed. But my main problem is not about updating the game, I mean rn I cant update because I have school and I dont have time to stay on studio for work in my projects. My issue is with the community. I have a discord server and everything but I want to make poeple know about CDZ and thats what I am trying to do a long time ago. I have used TikTok for adv CDZ, I even sent emails and dms to youtubers, I made Tweets and I even spent robux (I gain arround 200 visits with adv but 1k robux per day is not enough to have players inside the game)

CDZ is a game with 3 gamemodes (FFA, 2 Teams, 4 Teams) a lot of weapons and maps but doesnt have a “snowflake effect” is basicly playing Arsenal or Phantom Forces or Randomizer without players. You need at least 2 players to be able to play.

I am a solo Dev and everything in CDZ is made by me but some meshes (like classic sword) is not made by me. Scripts, Animations, buildings are made by me.

I got a video here for showcase.

Game link: Crazy Death Zone [CDZ]

Any ideas about what I can do?

6 Likes

1k will not accomplish anything. I would recommend starting with 7k if you are confident in the game’s quality. Single player compatibility would help because otherwise the first player in the server may become confused, bored and leave before the second arrives.

Keep in mind that testers may lie to you to protect your feelings. It takes courage to trash talk your friend’s game, and it’s difficult to create an environment where they’re willing to do it. If you find a tester who’s willing to write an analytical takedown of your work, keep them around and take their critique seriously, that is a very valuable friend to have. Another thing you can do is use alts to listen in on what people are saying when they think you can’t hear them.

In a situation like this it can be easy to blame lack of discovery. There is some truth to that but the better mindset is to blame the game and strive to improve it. The worse the game is, the amount of marketing required rises exponentially. If the game is truly great, the players will market it themselves through word of mouth.

3 Likes

May I ask why you should start with 7k? Is that a good number to start with or do you get better results with more/less spent

1 Like

I used to say 5k but maybe it’s more like 7k now due to inflation. From what I’ve seen that’s the minimum required to get off the ground and start a small playerbase assuming ad CTR is good and the game is good. People have different ideas of what good CTR is so I won’t comment on that here. But assuming the ads are effective, if the game fails to launch with 7k it means the game wasn’t good enough and should either be improved or abandoned.

2 Likes

How many visits will 7k get you if your game is good?

1 Like

I got 679 visits for 7K robux

Capture

1 Like

Oof I got more visits with 500 robux

3 Likes

Was that before the ad update or after?

After the update, I ran it a couple of days ago

2 Likes

Some testers I have they report bugs and they give some feedback about what I should change about the game and thats what I did. About starting with 7k I am not sure about that since the game needs 2 players to play they would join and leave. Maybe I could add NPCs or something for keep the players inside

Make good thumbnails (whether it is GFX or art) and game icon, so that users get attracted to it, I made one game icon and a thumbnail art for my youtuber’s game, his game got like 4k+ visits in one day, he hired me to be his thumbnail artist for one of his videos. You can also advertise your game to get more views.

View this

My suggestion is very bad, sorry QwQ

I think CDZ already got a good icon and good GFXs

The problem is people dont know about the game, and I was looking for any way to like make it popular I already spent arround 6k robux in advertise I gain views but no active

1 Like

You can try to post this game on twitter, I did tried myself for my game
And it got like 50+ actives in one day, trust me

Already did

1 Like

The GFX is not bad i like it, just wanted to say is that about the logo for the game icon
I would recommend to make 3D text with more details in it and use good fonts Highly recommend to check the website called Dafont in that website you will get lots of fonts over there

I guess that text of the outer ones is drawn with a red stroke, which people might not get attracted to it.
And for the GFX, there is no lighting, that’s maybe it was used in envee render, use cycles for rendering.
I had lot to say regarding the thumbnails but I can’t explain much.

Twitter is probably the hardest social media imo

Hmm, i see
You will need a lot of Dev’s to help you, but nowadays it’s very hard to hire a dev
If I’m not wrong.

Thank you for the feedback about the GFX and Icon but I dont think no one will be able to click if they dont know about the game. I am looking for any way to make the game viral like any social media or something I could do for get community attention

1 Like

I dont hire people cuz I do 6 skills and I am a solo Dev

roblox community in Twitter is kinda hard to adv something because you got a lot of bots posting stuff and devs posting arts or players posting stuff related about any game