How do i play a specific animation on my humanoid without it replicating to other clients?

so using humanoid:LoadAnimation(animation):Play() plays an animation and replicates it for other players to see the animation being played. how would i make it so whenever i play a specific animation, only i would be able to see it play?

edit: i want it so that when i play an animation on myself, others wont be able to see the animation but only me

1 Like

Local script may be the best way to go here…

1 Like

oh, i’ve tried using a localscript to play the animation on myself but it seems like the animation still replicates for everyone else.

what i want is only i would be able to see the animation play

1 Like

Have you tried opening a local server then tried to run the localScript? It helps, because it creates numerous windows. Navigate to the one of the playes (not the server !) and play the animation.

1 Like

Any animation played on the client replicates to the server, even on local script.

2 Likes

Any long answers you think may help as well?

1 Like
3 Likes

I can’t think of any easy way to play an animation normally through a LocalScript, however there are workarounds. You could try unsetting Player.Character, but this would also mean the player would lose network ownership of their character and thus not be able to move, along with other complications that could arise.

Update : I found an article that might help you out. Animator | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub. From what I’m getting, if you destroy Humanoid.Animator, animations won’t replicate from the client to the server.

Update 2 : From what I’ve tested, trying to remove the Animator just creates errors. I’ve made a new feature request.

2 Likes