How do I remove these blocky shadows?

Hello! Since like last week, my studio has had this shadow effect and I’m wondering how to get rid of it?

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled but it didn’t change

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Try turning up your roblox studio graphics quality level?

1 Like

It’s 21 on both options

I’m going to be honest but I don’t really know why that would happen. Maybe try turning up shadow softness? It also might be a roblox issue: ShadowMap shadows not rendering correctly

Just select the blocks and turn off CastShadow in properties.

Haha, yeah I wish this was an option.

In lighting there’s an option where you can remove shadows, but it would remove all the shadows in the game.

Check your ShadowSoftness level in Lighting properties maybe?

What was the point of making this comment then?

No difference when changing it. Was my first thought.

well you can remove shadows of specific parts, In the properties turn of cast shadows

How does that help? All it does is reduce shadowing, not solving this shadow issue.

I am aware. Removing all shadows is hardly a solution.

This is probably an issue on Roblox’s end, it isn’t occuring for me and I have ShadowMap shadow technology enabled.

This looks really cool imo and it would look good in some types of games because I would like to know how to get this to happen. But if the problem persists than it could be anything from the GPU to a bad install as in reinstall roblox studio but you already know that. Hope you find the solution.

does that happen on other of your games too?

That is an option, I’ve used it.

It’s a terrible option. Removing all shadows from a game because of this new thing is a laughable idea.

It happens everywhere in studio, it also happens in game.

It’s not all shadows, just the ones they want to. That’s why you select each part separately.