How do I setup group role permissions for my game?

I want to be able to give my officers access to play a game I’ve been developing, but so far only testers have access. I set this up ages ago, and can’t figure out how I did it, unless there’s some bug in Roblox Studio preventing it. I even gave my development account ownership of the group, in case that was the issue.

Here’s what I see on my settings page - the ability to change anything seems to be all grayed out:

See above - only the “Office Game Tester” role is able to Play, and I really need my officers able to do testing, this week.

UPDATE: Another user with Admin access using a PC, his studio can’t update these permissions, either. So at least now I know its not just my Mac version.

2 Likes

Try to change it in the group settings instead of the ingame settings.

2 Likes

If you look at the bottom of the page for a rank, you can select the “Create and edit group experiences”

1 Like

Thanks for checking on this.

As group owner I have everything set for Assets, just as its listed above. I still can’t change the game permissions.

1 Like

go to each role in group and manipulate the perms.

1 Like

Where can I setup the permissions from the group page to “Play” the game, though?

1 Like

play just means they can join it.

if you want no one else, make the game private.

1 Like

Yes its private, and needs to be kept private. I was able to set this up with no probem for my game testers, but need to have my “Chief Scientist” and other officers get the same “Play” access.

I’m starting to think either this is a bug, or I’m missing something. I believe I was able to just use the dropdowns on the screenshot I posted in the past… Easy… but now I just have no access at all… very weird… I’m on a Mac, so I might ask an admin in my group with a PC to try, and see if his studio works any better. Thanks.

1 Like

Hmm, I see documentation on this feature, but it still doesn’t seem to work. The dropdowns work in the examples, it appears, but not for my game, or any new game I create.

1 Like

Unified game permissions still seem to now allow for new settings for group roles… I’ve tried with a new game, and with this one i’ve worked on for 9 months… no luck. I’m glad I at least got the settings setup 5 months ago, before this broke.

Also I wonder if this should say, “Experience Owner” instead of game owner. lol

2 Likes