How do make it so that it detects how many parts are in an area

You can write your topic however you want, but you need to answer these questions:

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    detect how many parts are in an area
  2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I have a hard time figuring it out
  3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    while task.wait(.1) do
    for i, v in pairs(game.Workspace:GetPartsInPart(script.Parent)) do
    if v:FindFirstChild(“Detect”) then
    print(v)
    local count = 0
    for _,s in pairs(game.Workspace:GetPartsInPart(script.Parent)) do
    count = count + 1
    end
    print(count)
    end
    end
    end
    After that, you should include more details if you have any. Try to make your topic as descriptive as possible, so that it’s easier for people to help you!
while task.wait(.1) do
		if v:FindFirstChild("Detect") then
			print(v)
			local count = 0
			for _,s in pairs(game.Workspace:GetPartsInPart(script.Parent)) do
				count = count + 1
			end
			print(count)
		end
	end	
end

I WANT TO DETECT HOW MANY PARTS ARE IN AN AREA FOR EXAMPLE:
print(partsinareanumber)
and it prints the number of parts in that area and it only detects it when it has the detect value

Please do not ask people to write entire scripts or design entire systems for you. If you can’t answer the three questions above, you should probably pick a different category.

If your just looking to basically see how many parts are inside of a part u could just do this…

function GetPartsInPart(Part : BasePart)
  return Part:GetTouchingParts()
end

print(GetPartsInPart(script.Parent))

or if the part needs to have the child ‘Detect’ do this…

function GetPartsInPart(Part : BasePart)
	local TouchingParts = Part:GetTouchingParts()
	local PartCount = 0

for _,TouchingPart in ipairs(TouchingParts) do
		if TouchingPart:FindFirstChild('Detect') then
			PartCount += 1
		end
	end

return PartCount
end

print(GetPartsInPart(script.Parent))

the second script is close to what i want, but i want it to loop, meaning if i push objects in that area in game, it would detect it

So what you’ll have to do for that is make a table of all the parts detected in the area and has the value of the position in it, once you have that then when you run through each part you can go through the list to find the part and if the table logged position is different from the current part position then you’ll know if it moved

Instead of using another for loop to add to the count of how many parts are in the table can’t you just print the length of the table?

if v:FindFirstChild("Detect") then
		print(#workspace:GetPartsInPart(v))
	end
end	

for some reason it is only detecting 2 or 3 objects whenever i manually move the objects ingame in that region… it may be because of it is detecting the same object twice?

maytbe i can detect the object only if it doesnt have the same name of the object already/last detected

You can just use my script listed above and if you want it to constantley be checking for parts in the designated region/part then just put it in a loop such as

GetPartsInPart(script.Parent) -- script.Parent is the part you want to detect the parts in